• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

ABBA vs Beatles

ABBA vs Beatles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoshiiiiiiii

Registered Member
What it says on the tin. Most of you may find this a quaint poll but do give your opinions.

I vote entirely for Abba. Listen to them a first time and it sounds so happy and joyous. Listen again and you find some beautifully crafted sorrowful songs, if you're not careful it can depress you! I simply don't rate the Beatles as highly as anyone else. -Awaits monumental backlash-

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Beatles are the best band of all-time and my favorite, ever.

ABBA? One of the worst bands. No contest.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
You don't explain your reasoning; please elaborate?
What else is there to say? I've never heard a good ABBA song in my life and the Beatles made music what it is to this day. They are the kings. Sure, you could make an argument for a couple other bands as the best ever but ABBA sure ain't one of them, lol.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Beatles is also my all time favorite band. So my vote definitely goes to the Fab Four. Nothing even comes close, to be honest.

I like some of ABBA's songs but the range of emotions it can elicit from me are limited compared to Beatles who reinvented themselves time and time again (and each was successful).

Dabs

Registered Member
I never cared for The Beatles, dunno why, they just didn't do it for me.
In fact, I can't think of one song of theirs that made an impression in my head.
Not my style of music, not at all.
Now ABBA, they were more the 80s music.....having been married and with children at a very young age, I could relate more to ABBA than The Beatles.
------
Ah....Dancing Queen, I like that one by ABBA :)
I own ABBA CDs.....do not own any Beatles CDs ~LoL~

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is this even a contest? On one hand you have The Beatles, arguably the best band of all-time, and on the other hand you have ABBA. No disrespect to ABBA or anything but they don't compete with The Beatles in any shape or form, it's not even close either. The Beatles had it all, great writing, great musicians, great vocalist.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Sorry Yosh, but I am with the Babe and Millz on this one. Although, I suspect I love ABBA more than they do. But seriously, there is no contest here. Beatles are legendary. ABBA is awesome, but not quite a legend. Sure, they have some songs that are great, but you can't just go comparing any good group/artist against the mighty Beatles.

And in case I wasn't clear, my vote goes to the Beatles. ;)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I never cared for The Beatles, dunno why, they just didn't do it for me.
In fact, I can't think of one song of theirs that made an impression in my head.
Not my style of music, not at all.
Now ABBA, they were more the 80s music.....having been married and with children at a very young age, I could relate more to ABBA than The Beatles.
------
Ah....Dancing Queen, I like that one by ABBA :)
I own ABBA CDs.....do not own any Beatles CDs ~LoL~
80s music? Seriously? I bet people won't even name ABBA if they have to be asked top 500 music artists of the 80s.

Sorry Yosh, but I am with the Babe and Millz on this one. Although, I suspect I love ABBA more than they do. But seriously, there is no contest here. Beatles are legendary. ABBA is awesome, but not quite a legend. Sure, they have some songs that are great, but you can't just go comparing any good group/artist against the mighty Beatles.

And in case I wasn't clear, my vote goes to the Beatles. ;)
what am I, chopped liver? :lol: