Aaron Rodgers and the Packers

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

A lot of fans/analyst believe Aaron Rodgers will win the MVP this season, and believe the Packers will win the Super Bowl.

I personally believe Rodgers will have a good season, not good enough to win the MVP award, but good enough to be considered in the top five Quarterbacks in the league. I still think he's going to commit a lot of errors this season though, try to rush things, or make a play that shouldn't be attempted.

I don't believe the Packers are strong enough to win the Super Bowl, they'll make the playoffs, but they'll either lose first round or second. Grant will make an impact this year, but when I look at the overall roster, I just don't see them being strong enough to win it all this upcoming year.

What are your thoughts?

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

If I look over their roster, I absolutely see a Super Bowl team. I personally feel on that team that they have 13 pro bowlers (5 offense, 7 defense and 1 kicker).

Aaron Rodgers: Top 5 QB
    Greg Jennings: Top 10 WR
    Donald Driver: Top 10 WR
    Jermichal Finley: Top 5 TE
    Mark Tauscher

Cullen Jenkins: Top 15 DE
    Ryan Pickett: Top 20 DT
    A.J. Hawk: Top 10 ILB
    Nick Barnett: Top 20 ILB
    Clay Matthews: Top 10 OLB
    Charles Woodson: Top 5 CB
    Al Harris: Top 10 CB *Hurt
    Nick Collins: Top 10 S

Mason Crosby: Top 10 Kicker

I feel that defense will obviously be a Top 5 defense at the end of the year, as well as Jennings and Driver being receivers he could hit 1,500 and Finley hitting 1,000 (obviously not each of them getting those exact stats, just what I believe they could get).

I believe it's a team, if they would all stay healthy, could go 12-4, 13-3.

I don't believe Rodgers will commit that many mistakes.

08: 4,038 yards, 28 TDs and 13 INTS
    09: 4,434 yards, 30 TDs and 7 INTS

I believe in 10', as long as Driver, Jennings and Finley stay healthy, Rodgers is good for another 4,400, 30 TDs and roughly 10 INTs. I do not believe he's going to be a huge turnover machine though. He's a good run-throwing QB, can also run if he see's nothing and has great pocket presence. I feel the Packer's could go to the SuperBowl and win it.

Do I think they will though? No. I believe if they would meet the Vikings in the Playoffs, they would knock them off.. saying Favre decides to run the ball this time and not force a pass.

Millz likes this.
  3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Well Bob pretty much said everything there is to be said haha...

Only thing I would add is what Aaron Rodgers can do on the ground as well. Last year he ran for 316 yards and had 5 rushing touchdowns. Hell, the year before he ran for 207 yards and 4 touchdowns....so he can also beat you with his legs.

I picked the Packers to win the division over Minnesota and I'll stick with it. This team is legit.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, potential MVPs for this season.

Unless someone else, excluding Peyton Manning steps up and blows away the rest of the competition.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Aaron Rodgers was my top priority for QB when I was drafting. even ahead of Tom Brady and Drew Brees. I guess I would've considered Peyotn Manning, but eh.

He was pretty consistent last season throwing for yards and TDs. I don't see why, if the Packers win games, he can't be in the talks.