• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A year of pandemic life

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Hey

It's been a year since our lives have slowly changed to adapt to the pandemic situation. How have all of you been coping? Have you gone back to the "old" normal?

ps. It's Ysabel Day for those who still remember, haha, so I figured I dropped by before Hybrix aka Mirage's reminder. :D

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don’t think it will ever go back to the old normal. I do civil defense, that is I am hired by insurance companies to represent their insureds that have been sued. I used to do a lot of traveling. I would put anywhere between 15,000-20,000 miles a year on my truck. In the last year, I’ve put 9,000 miles on it. Everything is being done over zoom, and I think that’s here to stay. It’s quick, easy, and cheap. I don’t have to travel 2 hours for a deposition anymore.

Personally I like it. I don’t like people close to me to begin with, I hate people invading my space. I like my space when I go out. I also do a lot more curbside.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
One way I have been coping during these times is with hobbies, such as walking around my neighborhood, listening to music, and calling sports radio stations and giving my opinions about the New England Patriots over the air as a caller.

These hobbies help take my mind off of the corona virus.