A very rich person loses an eye...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Nov 10, 2008.

?

Sell an eye for $10,000,000 dollars?

1. Yes

22.7%
  2. No

77.3%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Somebody with a lot of money loses an eye. They decide they don't want to go through the rest of life with just one eye. You happen to have the same blood type as this person...

You are offered $10,000,000 for one of your eyes to be used as a transplant. (Whichever one of your eyes has better vision)

Yes, that's 10 million dollars. Let's say USD for the sake of consistency.

Would you do the deal? Assume you can't get a replacement eye of your own.

I would not do this for any amount of money. Sure it's a lot but it's just not worth it to me.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
    English-Emo-Boy likes this.

2. DMAC

DMAC Registered Member

I wouldn't do it either, it'd be a bitch to have no depth perception.

3. Wednesday

Wednesday Registered Member

Hmmm, no i honestly can say id keep my eye...

I love these philosophical questions .

AeonFlux likes this.
  4. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

I kind of like my eye. I am very attached to them after all. The whole process of selling my eye would go against my "Eye for an Eye" philosophy on life.

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I'd really have to think about that one. Would it be painless? Is there risk of infection? Is it legal?

I'm trying to think about it, and once I'm out of the Army, I might not need the 2nd eye so much. Sure, it's handy, but so's 10 mil. Some of the stuff, I could just hire someone to do for me.

Umm, hopefully you have depth perception right now. Losing an eye makes you LOSE depth perception, it doesn't give it to you ;).

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I would keep my eye aswell, I dont really care about the money and I dont know what i would do with it anyway, and I like how I see life at the moment.

7. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Sorry, but I like both my eyes and I've had them since I was born. They've seen a lot so I'm not willing to part with them.

~Shwa

English-Emo-Boy and Barbara like this.
  8. DMAC

DMAC Registered Member

My bad, Motorhead was being blasted into my brain making me incoherent and I didn't type everything I meant to lol

9. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Heck no and you could even triple that I still wouldn't bite. They can get an implant just like anybody else just as fast and then wait for a transplant.

10. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

My vision is worth more to me than any amount of money so I wouldn't take the offer.