• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A Terrible Accident

Dabs

Registered Member
A friend of mine lost her youngest son 2 days ago, in a car accident. A lethal combination of alcohol, drugs and racing. In my part of the state, the backroads are so windy and curvy, there is no place to race, it's a stupid thing to try and do. But him and one of his friends had just picked up some pain pills, popped a few, had a few beers and decided to race home. But my friend's son didn't make it. We have many concrete bridges around here, the Tennessee River spills into small little canals and ponds all over. His car flew up and over the concrete barrier, which was about 4 feet high and the car landed so far away, it wasn't visible from the road. When they found the car, it appeared the boy had been ejected out of his seat (no seatbelt) and his body was found 100 feet away from his car. He was only 26 years old, he went to school with my youngest son. This boy was named Brad, the same as my youngest. He left behind 2 small children and a Mother who is terribly distaught. She had 2 children, another son who is one year older than the son she just lost. She told me to go by and look at his car, and I did. I took a picture, it is attached if you care to see. This is the last part of the young man's life. I have great pain of my own, losing my Mother and Dad and it hurts still. But I can not imagine the pain, of a Mother having to bury one of her children. My heart aches for her :cry:

Attachments

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm sorry for his mother's loss, and I'm sorry for his young family's loss...

But please forgive my being terribly blunt here...

I am not sorry for him. Not in the least. Twenty-six, with a young family, and doing pain pills coupled with beer and racing on sketchy roads? What in the bloody goddamned hell kind of decision-making is that? This isn't an accident or a mistake or a lapse in thinking; good God, driving home from the bar after having a couple too many might be an 'accident,' but I'd sooner call this suicide, if not attempted murder; what if they were to hit a minivan full of kids, instead of a lamp!? You can't tell me he didn't know better. As far as I'm concerned, he has inflicted an irreparable harm on probably hundreds of people, most prominently including you, his mother, his wife, and worst of all, his own kids.

That absolutely infuriates me.

This reminds me of a heated argument we had around here a while back, and only serves to affirm something I've always believed; you may have the legal right to harm yourself as you please, but given the emotional investment people put into you, you do not have an ethical right.

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
This is a tragic loss, Dabs!!! I'm sorry for those who will suffer for their death. I do agree with Pretz. No seat-belt, alcohol, pills and a kid in the car are proofs which cannot be ignored. Not only was he being careless for himself, but only for those who cared about him.

The only victim is his kid and he's the one I feel sorry for the most.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Wowzer! That car is crunched. I'm sorry for you Dabs, and your friend especially. Take care.

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm sorry Dabs, that's awful. Even if he was at fault, it's still a tragedy.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I'm really sorry to hear about this too. :( And I'm glad you made a thread about it for other people to see.
Cars can be dangerous weapons so no way I'd drive if I wasn't awake and sober. Maybe some peeps will see this and realize how dangerous they are. A friend of dad's did that too but he lived. He can't walk or think very well. He's also blind, has no nose, and can't hear very well. He only has a few fingers too. His mom rolls him around in a wheelchair. He's been like that since he was in hs.

I hope his family has lots of support and I wish them the best.

Dabs

Registered Member
@ Pretzel, I completely understand what you're saying, and I agree. He could have hit another vehicle on the road, resulting in more fatalities. It's a damn shame he and others like him don't think about what they're doing.

@ Elly, thank you, I appreciate your post.

@ Steg, thanks so much- I feel so sad and sick right now.

@ Shelgarr, thanks to you too. I appreciate your caring words.

@ Impact, thank you as well. Some things in life you think just should not happen. But he was in control of his life that night, not me or his Mom, nobody else. And he paid the ultimate price but left a whole lotta people behind to sit and wonder "WHY?"
------
I'm really sorry to hear about this too. :( And I'm glad you made a thread about it for other people to see.
Cars can be dangerous weapons so no way I'd drive if I wasn't awake and sober. Maybe some peeps will see this and realize how dangerous they are. A friend of dad's did that too but he lived. He can't walk or think very well. He's also blind, has no nose, and can't hear very well. He only has a few fingers too. His mom rolls him around in a wheelchair. He's been like that since he was in hs.

I hope his family has lots of support and I wish them the best.
@ Dek, that was one of the reasons I took a picture of the car. The first thing I did was show it to my 26 year old son. My son doesn't drink or do drugs, but he has been known to speed, altho- I hope and pray-he hasn't done any racing! But I showed him the photo of the car and he felt sick. The young man's Mother told me she hoped he died instantly, and from the looks of the car, I'm pretty sure he did. He was tossed out the windshield and the family later told me his head was practically off his body.
Damnit people, young and old!! Slow the fuck down, and don't drink and drive!!!!

Last edited: