A survey for the guys

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Lesley, Apr 9, 2009.

?

26 year old virgin - would you date her?

1. Admirable sacrifice. I'd date her and hope to be the first

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Admirable sacrifice, but no way!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Weird!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Finally, a wholesome woman!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Too much pressure.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. I'd date her and would be happy to wait for marriage.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lesley

Lesley Registered Member

Let's say you're out at a club and you meet a girl..she is 26 years old, attractive, friendly, good job...the whole package.

As you get to know her, you find out she's a virgin.

Would you find that admirable, or strange?

Would you consider it a challenge and try to be the first...or would that be too much pressure?

Would you date her knowing there's no chance of sex?

2. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

You're describing yourself, aren't you?

Anyway, I'd much rather be in a relationship with someone that knows how to have sex than have to teach someone. Don't get me wrong, virgins are great in their own way, and being the first to crack a virgin (lol) is awesome, but I'd rather have a kinky ass freak than a wholesome virgin.

And no, I probably wouldn't date her knowing that there's no chance of sex.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It would not bother me if I met a 26 year old virgin, if she wants to wait then that's her right. I would still date this girl even if she was a virgin. I would definitely try to sleep with her, but if she's not ready then she's not ready.

If you really like this girl, and you see potential of you and her starting a strong relationship, then it shouldn't matter if she's a virgin.

But if theres no chance for sex then I doubt I would be dating her, it wouldn't bother me if it's a couple of months, but if it's more then a year or two then that's to long in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  4. Lesley

Lesley Registered Member

Hardly. I'm 37, have 2 kids and a checkered past :lol:

5. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

:lol:
    It just sounded too specific of a situation to just be a general question.

6. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Neither. It would not alter my perspective, if you like someone you like someone. The only thing I would find weird and Im not sure if I ve read you right but why is someone who I met in a club telling me they are a virgin, that I would find odd, imagine it any other way "Oh Ive had a dozen sex partners!". Im not being prudish its just not exactly your normal conversation.

Neither. Whatever you are led to believe men dont really think like that, at least myself and most of the ones I know. I think there are only a very limited and small percentage of men whos first thoughts are sex.

Why would there be no chance of sex? If she told me she was a virgin I would have to know why she is telling me. That would be more important than the whole concept that she is a virgin. Maybe the right guy has not come along, maybe religious reasons, maybe preoccupations, who knows?

7. Lesley

Lesley Registered Member

It's a coworker's roommate actually :D This stemmed from a conversation in the teacher's lounge

8. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, I am a girl... but I still want to answer this lol... Don't ask me why, but after my horrid past with men.. I have always wanted to date a guy that was a virgin. I wouldn't pressure him to have sex by any means, but I have always liked the thought of dating a virgin. Now if /when he was ready I'd want a guy who was open to trying fun and different things at the pace he was ready for.

I can see where a lot of guys wouldnt want to date a virgin, but if they are looking for a serious relationship I can see where they would be more open for it..

Now I often wonder if they were dating said virgin for a long while and really liked her, but then she finally admitted to being a virgin if they would stay or run....

9. Lesley

Lesley Registered Member

that's why I said "as you get to know her....." meaning in the days to come

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Sounds great so far.

Okay, I'd probably ask why though.

Depends on the above answer. If she was saving herself, I would probably be turned off because I don't believe in saving marriage for sex. It's a crude and common example, but you wouldn't buy a car without test driving it, correct? Also, the highest rate of divorce in this country is in the bible belt where more people than average (because of the number of faithful) wait for sex. Now, it doesn't prove anything, but I'd say not having sex could have quite the impact. Let's face it, if your partner is a terrible lay, it would be difficult to work with because a relationship is equal parts physical and mental. If you can't physically enjoy each other, the mental half is likely to suffer.

If she had saved herself because she was waiting for the right guy rather than just throwing herself out there, I could certainly admire that.

Not really to be honest, but I also don't buy a lot of the hub-bub surrounding virginity either. To me, it's nothing important. It's sentimental perhaps, but ultimately it's not worth anything, it's just a physical event. I doubt most guys sit around and daydream about their first masturbation session or let it affect them (unless we're talking something really strange!) and I doubt most women are going to travel down memory lane to revisit their first period. Yeah they're milestones perhaps, but there's nothing else involved really.

Nope. Sorry, I think the physical is too important. I'd never marry someone I never had sex with. That doesn't mean I want them to put out on the first date (that's disgusting, get away from me) but in a few months when you really get to know them, why not? Be safe about it and enjoy each other, see if more sparks fly?

Hiei likes this.