• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A silver lining - Smoking victim, must read story!

wolvergambit

Registered Member
Thank you.What started out as trying to raise some money to purchase Rick a plaque has turned into something so much more. I have had so many emails from parents telling me that they have shown this to their kids and that the story has made an impact to them. You don't know how good this has made me feel.

It's not really me who has been doing the good deed, it is actually Rick. I'm just the messenger for his kindness. Rick had started to write a book on his life as suggested by a doctor to him at the time of being diagnosed. He didn't get very far on it, just a few chapters. This has motivated me to try and complete that for him. I know I couldn't possibly write it with the same passion that he would of , but it is worth a try.

1_ares_1

Registered Member
My son read your auction listing and made 4 of his freinds who have "tried" smoking read it. They are all 13 and 14yr olds. You're doing a fantastic job here Wolvergambit! :D He also has a clan website for a very popular PC game...can we post a link to your auction there? The age range of players is anywhere from 12 to 50 yr old males.

Last edited:

pokermase32

Hello everyone - This is an amazing story and I wanted to give credit where it was due - My name is Darrell Mason - see my post in the orientation lobby - I am 23 years old and I love ebay - I am too a smoker but view my auctions and you will see that soon I will not be - The auction I am talking about was generated by an idea I had after reading this so that is why I am posting to first of all say thanks and I hope with the winning auction amount I can help out your cause too for giving me the idea! Good luck and I wish the best for you and everyone!

wolvergambit

Registered Member
1_ares_1 said:
My son read your auction listing and made 4 of his freinds who have "tried" smoking read it. They are all 13 and 14yr olds. You're doing a fantastic job here Wolvergambit! :D He also has a clan website for a very popular PC game...can we post a link to your auction there? The age range of players is anywhere from 12 to 50 yr old males.
Thank you so much. I am so happy to hear that your son and his friends read it. I hope they learn something from it. That would be great if you could post a link to the auction. The more kids that read this, the better! Thanks for all your support.

kennon07

Registered Member
Wolvergambit, congratulations on those well deserved bids!! I hope you get many more. I'm watching!!! Pam

wolvergambit

Registered Member
kennon07 said:
Wolvergambit, congratulations on those well deserved bids!! I hope you get many more. I'm watching!!! Pam
Thanks. I do too!!
I just received an email from a guy who said he has been watching the auction from the start and was going to place a bid when he saw that 2 people have bid on it and the price has gone up. He went on to call me a fraud and said I was shill bidding since both of the new bidders reside in Canada. He said he is going to report me to Ebay for being a fraud.
I emailed him back saying that one of the bidders is actually a repeat bidder of mine and the other one I am waiting for a reply on, since they have negative feedback.
Now I'm afraid that Ebay is going to look at it and probably cancel it for one reason or another ...... maybe because I have an Auction Sighting link in it....... or because they view it as a charity auction....... or if they actually do believe I'm shill bidding.
I guess I'll be on pins and needles for the next while to see if it does indeed get cancelled on me.
I hope not.

kennon07

Registered Member
I am SO sorry to hear that. I just hate people like that. I had the same type of problem from one ebayer yesterday and today .... 3 nasty emails saying they will report me... I really freaked and overreacted. Don't you do that! Ok? BUT I saved all those emails and through the advice of all the wonderful people here, I REPORTED HER/HIM. Don't let one bad person, who probably has no friends and no life, get you down. I'm so ashamed that I let that happen to me. I even cancelled bids from nice people because of one jerk. Stay strong. You're doing a good thing and you've got a lot of support here. That mean person can't touch you!! Blessings and good luck!! Pam

wolvergambit

Registered Member
Thanks Pam, it is hard not to get upset by it, but I'm trying.

He also said in his email that he was going to email all the people that have currently bid on the auction and tell them I am a fraud, so if any of you here that have already placed a bid earlier on it, should get an email from him, would you please let me know.

Thanks everyone!