A shill bidder..

Marys454BB

Premium Member
Ok, just a tad ticked off so I'm venting..
I am/was bidding on a very pretty ring and was outbid. No biggie but I decided before I go bidding too high I'd check things out.
Seems this "seller" has issues. They don't give their buyers feedback untill feedback is left for them and If someone leaves them neutral or a negitive for legit reasons they attack them on the buyers feedback & they resort to name calling..
Then I check out the bidder who has outbid me on the ring. He's bidded on only a handfull of sellers items and when checking on the sellers feedbacks I can tell they are all the same seller just under different ID's! and of course this buyers feedback is "private" (I wonder why...hmmmm)
I'm thinking of sending them a note telling them "I would bid higher but I don't like dealing with people who shill bid or have terrible service"
Ok, I'm done venting.. Just ticked me off! I feel better now :)

That's not even someone I would bother dealing with. I don't think Ebay allows you to bid on your own items. Sounds like greed is their lifes driving force and they would be very difficult to work with. I would say forget it and look for another ring...if you don't see one you like right now, just give it 5 minutes, I'm sure 100 more will be listed in that time!

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I dont think ebay should allow feedback to be private... I mean sure there are some items people dont want others knowing they are buying, but it allows for too much abuse.

I guess you just have to trust your instincts on thigs like this, if it seems strange, it most likely is.

Marys454BB

Premium Member
I just reported all the names I believe are involved.
I love ebay but some of these people have got to go!
A mistake I just made was buying a memory chip for my system & leaving pos feedback before I put it in my system.. Yeah, It's junk! Glad it was cheap ..lol

SamusAran86

Registered Member
You can always "respond" to the feedback and put in it that it was junk, and whatever you think needs to be said about the seller. It doesnt change the positive, but at least you can make a extra note that people will be able to see that you were dissatified... I dont know if people know they can do that

HERE'S HOW
Go to Ebay.com
scroll ALL the way down,you should see a link to the "Feedback Forum" click on it
find the "Useful Links" box, click "Follow Up To Feedback Left"
it will bring up all your feedbacks, just find the auction, and click the "Follow Up" link and you can post it

I hope this helps

mom_of_sixoxo

Registered Member
Marys454BB said:
I just reported all the names I believe are involved.
I love ebay but some of these people have got to go!
A mistake I just made was buying a memory chip for my system & leaving pos feedback before I put it in my system.. Yeah, It's junk! Glad it was cheap ..lol
Hi mary -- glad to see that you reported the shill bidders. it most certainly is against ebay rules, but sometimes they won't do anything - it has to be really obvious or they will "look the other way"... frustrating, but it can be done - i got this jerk in the UK booted like 5 times! he just kept coming back under new ID's, but was so stupid he kept shilling on his own (rather uncommon) auctions, -so i kept spotting him & reporting him haha. another tip: if the offender is in the UK, report him on the UK site - much quicker action than if you report him on the US site - they take a week & then refer it over there anyway. if they do anything, that is.
Best thing to do: stay far, far away from twits like that...

precision

Registered Member
I was watching an auction the other day where the seller's brother bid the item up several times. I found out it was his brother from his Me page, he actually had his brothers username on the page....everybody else that was bidding must have known this also, because his brother ended up winning, and then he relisted the same item.

To bad that ebay hasn't found a way to put a stop to this mess.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well in many cases when they catch people shill bidding, they ban their accounts for many years at a time. I don't know how easy it is to get a new account though, as I hear people have been able to do that instead of waiting for their other account to be revived.

mom_of_sixoxo

Registered Member
jon - report both of them!! and not just shill bidding, --also feedback abuse if they're boosting each other's feedbacks with the bogus transactions.

andrew - my UK twit opened new accounts the SAME day as he was booted... i don't get how ebay can't spot the blatant crap like that, but they pull our auctions off for the flimsiest reasons...