A Second Russian Invasion of Georgia?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by PretzelCorps, Mar 14, 2010.

1. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Or at least, that's what a number of people in Georgia thought after seeing this on the news:

Fake Russian invasion broadcast sparks Georgian panic - CNN.com

Really, wtf were these people thinking when they made this broadcast. :shake:

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

What the hell is wrong with those people?

Can you imagine them doing that in the US? The place would explode from panic.

3. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

Lol, people freak out so easily ;)

But yeah, network should know what this leads to. It has been done many times in the past with similar results, in the 30's the War of the Worlds and just recently in Germany (terrorist attack simulation) and Belgium (Flandres claiming independence). A note should definitely be included.

:spin:

4. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Hahahaha, War of the Worlds. hahahahaha.
    Don't say you don't think thats funny, that makes you a liar. And no one likes a liar.

Of course, that is a very wrong thing to do. But they do have a good basis. The Soviet Union obviously has intentions to some day conquer these lands and return them to their former glory. Of course, it was meant to be a drill of sorts, but this went over the top.

5. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

War of the Worlds = Funny.

Russo-Georgian War ≠ Funny. Although, I don't think that's what you meant to imply.

6. FindMuck

FindMuck Registered Member

Why would someone do that? For ratings? I hope the people who did that lose their jobs.

7. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Its funny because someone was stupid enough to do that kind of thing, especially in such a fragile country.

8. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

You know what would really drive up ratings? A Russian invasion. No, I know we can't make the Russians invade. I mean, do they really have to invade for us to report it, though? I mean, we've got all this archived footage just lying around collecting dust. Everyone loves a good invasion, right? I can't see how this could possibly go wrong.