• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A sad goodbye to the Xbox 360

thealigator

Registered Member
A sad goodbye to the Xbox 360

Xbox 360 games console discontinued by Microsoft

Microsoft has said it is to stop manufacturing the XBox 360 games console, 10 years after it launched.
In a blog post, Xbox boss Phil Spencer said gamers had completed more than 78 billion hours of play on the devices.

Last year the firm enabled Xbox 360 games to work on its successor, the Xbox One.
Mr Spencer said all remaining Xbox 360 consoles would still be sold, and the platform would continue to be supported for existing users.

"I am incredibly proud of all of the work and dedication that went into development of the Xbox 360 hardware, services and games portfolio over the last decade. And I'm grateful to the fans for their continued passion and support," he wrote.

"While we've had an amazing run, the realities of manufacturing a product over a decade old are starting to creep up on us."
Source: BBC News

It was bound to happen eventually and I guess now is as good a time as any. Microsoft were never going to continue to making the console forever, especially with the Xbox One now fairly established and I imagine games will stop being made at some point.

I still like my 360 and I still use it from time to time.

Good bye 360.

Twitch

Registered Member
This is always kind of oddly sad to see. This was the first console I started gaming a lot on. Interesting to see where I fit in on its manufacturing lifetime.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Changing to Playstation was the best move I’ve ever made when it comes to gaming. Started off with the first x-box, eventually moved to X-Box 360. Got the red light of doom after a year or so, decided to just buy a new one. Ten days later, got another red light of doom – unfortunately, I didn’t keep my receipt, so I couldn’t get a refund so I bought a Playstation 3, and haven’t had an issue in over three years now.