• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A rose by any other name...

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Have you ever considered changing your name?

Why?

What stopped you?

hotdog321

i have considered it, mainly becuase some names just sound cool when said especially when the first name and surname starts with the same letter.
ie. rick ross

it dont bother me too much and its such a hassle so i wouldnt bother. :)

Comet

Registered Member
Never had the desire to change my name nor would I ever. Perhaps I'm old-fashion but my parents named me for a reason and I personally feel it would be at least a little insulting to change it from the name they thoughtfully selected.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Never had the desire to change my name nor would I ever. Perhaps I'm old-fashion but my parents named me for a reason and I personally feel it would be at least a little insulting to change it from the name they thoughtfully selected.
This is how I feel when my daughter says that she wishes her name was Sarah (or whatever name she is infatuated with that week). I put a lot of consideration into her name and I think it fits her. Since she's only 5 I don't take it personally when she says that.

On the other hand, while I've never seriously considered changing my name, I've never been all that crazy about it and my parents came up with it off the cuff (for some unfathomable reason they picked one boy name and one girl name even though they knew they were having twins, and when I came out without a penis they had to come up with something quick or have a girl named Donald), so I don't know how insulted they would have been had I ever changed it. I could never come up with anything else that I was all that committed to except for Jeanie. I kinda dig that some people think of me as Jeanie, but I do like for my closest friends to call me Di.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Never. I love my name because it's short and sweet - just like me. ;)

My name was the only name my parents could agree on and I am so glad about that. Some of the names they could have called me were horrendous.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never seriously contemplated doing so but I remember when I was young I was really obsessed with the name Erik...and it had to have a K.

My cousin and good friend's name is Erik and I just always loved it for some reason.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Hahahah! Awww I used to be like that with Sarah!

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I would never change my name because I wouldn't be bothered with all the hassle and whatnot, but my favourite name ever is Elsie Dylan. I love girl's names that begin with E and sound like old grannies, lol. I don't know why... and Dylan is my fav second name, probably because of Bob Dylan.

Anyways, no, I'll stick with rose. I always hated 'Rebecca' as a kid and went through every single variation possible whilst I was growing up. But now I'm back to liking the original, along with the nickname Bex. Quite a few people still call me Becky though, which I don't like anymore. I have one friend that still calls me Becca.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I considered changing my name to my middle name which is Alexandra. I really like the name Alex for girls and I've always thought Sophie was a fairly girly and feminine name. I wouldn't actually change it though, my Mum would be heartbroken if she thought I didn't like my name. I do like it, I just think that Alex suits me more.

Dekzper

Registered Member
No way I'd change my name. It's just me and I'd feel weird if somebody called me something else. Well, there's a few things I've been called that even set me off! I like my middle name (Derek) better than my first name (Joshua) and I don't like being called Josh... dunno why.

Anyway, my friends call me Derek or Dek or Dekz and that's cool. There's other names I like more but they're just not MY name.