A-Rod Admits to taking PED for 3-years with Rangers

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BigBob, Feb 9, 2009.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Alex Rodriguez admits taking PEDs during 3-year period - ESPN

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow wow wow...

A-Rod did the right thing IMO. He admitted fault and will take the heat. I commend him for this.

Doesn't mean what he did wasnt wrong but to be a man and admit youre mistake goes a long way...at least with me.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

He hasn't let it ride out like some people have. Not going to mention names because we're still not 100% for sure the names in question have done it, but for him to take it, like you said, he shows he's a real man and can admit his mistakes.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow! I am totally shocked, and pretty disapointed.

But I think he did the right thing in admitting this, I respect him more for doing so. Same thing with Giambi, he admitted taking steroids and I respect him for telling the truth.

I am pretty spechless right now, but even without steroids he's had a good career, because he's been playing well even after he stop taking them.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm shocked, but I think he did the right thing by admitting. I respect him a little more for it, but at the same time I can't respect anyone who would cheat in the first place.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

As long as you believe he's stopped after 2003.

I give him the benefit of the doubt though and he did do the right thing.

7. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I'm not surprised at all. There are a ton of players out there right now that are on or have used steroids in the past. We just don't know about it...yet.

Coming out and saying what A-Rod did takes a lot of courage. I respect him for that.

Though I wonder how this will affect his season.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It's nice to see he's not the whiny child he came off as in the past few years. Manning up to his problems is a good step in the right direction but the stain will never leave his career.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally believe he's going to still play well, I am not 100% sure but he said he stopped taking steroids in 2003, that means that he still had five quality years without them. I believe hes going to have a great season this year, barring injury obviously.

10. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Another for sure Hall-of-Famers career going to be washed away to scandal.. but how will the Hall-of-Fame voters take him admitting it when his name came up and not making this a deal until his career is over.