A question for the girls, maybe boys too?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dali, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Dali

Dali Registered Member

Hey!

You know I am not the sort of person that normally worries about clothes and fashion but I am going to Utah in a weeks time. So I was wondering, is fashion the same in America as it is in the UK? So for example, if I wear skinny jeans and shoe boots would I stick out? Also I like to wear trouser suits and waist coats, are waist coats in fashion in America at the moment like they are in the UK? Most of the time I will just wear jeans and tee shirts like I do here, you can't go wrong with that, but I do like to make myself look somewhat decent occasionally, so what are the best types of clothes to take with me. I have 4 wardrobes and one suitcase, this is going to be a challenge haha! Cheers peeps! :)

2. ItsMagick

ItsMagick Registered Member

Where in America are you coming? It's great here, people in my town seem to wear the skinny jeans a lot, I love the look, haha. You'll be good with whatever you wear, the only thing we don't have here really are people that wear scarves, but maybe you can start something new! :) But yeah, you can't go wrong with jeans and a shirt.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I wouldn't worry about fashion too much, especially in Utah, though they do dress pretty conservatively there.

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Where whatever you want....worrying about stuff that its fashion turns you into another mindless robot. be original and you

5. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

exactly.
    wear what you love. if you really feel the need to fit in, you'll get a feel for it by the second day. it differs per city anyways.

6. Dali

Dali Registered Member

Yeah I really want to be just me. One of the reasons I was asking was because I know over here a great deal is put on fashion, some young girls can be so bitchy. I hate it, it's so shallow at times. Thank you guys!

7. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Off topic: Turbo where the flying hell have you been??!!!!

On topic: Fashion is still relatively important here in the United states, depending on where you are at, and what clique's you run into. For the most part though, just be yourself, dress in what you want to wear, and no one is going to bother you about it.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Why don't you wear what you feel comfortable in? I bet they'll know you're British before you even speak!

9. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I agree with what the others here have said...just wear what you feel comfortable in and don't worry too much about fitting in. You'll get a good feel for the way people dress once you get there, but don't be afraid to have your own unique style either. :)

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Don't forget to check the weather and bring appropriate clothes for that. As for fashion, just go with what is comfortable for you. The only time I had to worry about wearing the wrong clothes is when I have to dress down so I wouldn't stick out too much and look too bohemian with a very conservative community.