• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A question for GF's regulars

Bliss

Sally Twit
I have noticed lately that GF is no way near as active as it used to be.

Are you more busy than usual? Have you become bored of GF? Do you not have a desire to post as much any more? Or maybe you're just lurking.

For me personally, I haven't been having a good time. I still adore most of the members here but so much negative stuff has happened here lately that I feel more stress than enjoyment.
I'd like to think I'll feel the love again, but for now... Eh.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I am more busy, don't like posting as much, and I lurk. I honestly wouldn't mind leaving but I know this site is too much of a habit now to break. Lol I have been here for... Five years, I think. But yeah, I definitely don't enjoy it was much.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just been busy for the most part. Was in Branson for a week and then to the lake for a couple of days. I'm not used to having 7 days in a 2 week period where I have no posts haha

Other than that everything is the same for me in regards to wanting to post here.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I lost a lot of interest in what was being posted here so I stopped visiting. I keep in touch with the members I like through other means, but lately I have been visiting because I have been doing a lot of online work for a professor.

Consequently, I have been keeping GF open. As soon as the summer ends I doubt I will be on much, if at all. I rarely do work online and it is just a summer research gig.

I did lurk sometimes during the school year but I only made a post sparingly.

I am noticing that it is very slow compared to the last time I was this active.

Still not many interesting things are being posted and thusfar most of the new members suck aside from stego.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It's been the same for me; when it comes to GF there will always be ways to create my own good times; I can expand to discussions that I'd not usually get into, chat with friends, etc. When things seem quiet I like to challenge myself to create topics and read up on things I hadn't thought about discussing before. Another good thing is that there are new members that sometimes stand out and keep things refreshed...there are always several a year that stick around and make things better, so that's something to look for.

I think that there are peak times and down times, but that's how it's been since I started here...it might just be a part of forum patterns all over the net, I don't know. People will always step away a little due to drama or busy times, but when it happens with a few more regulars than usual I think that there's a ripple effect and the site seems slow.
------
Although, for me there are enough of the good members that are always around and keeping things going...that's one constant even during the times that may seem a little more slow.

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
The Chat Indicator and Chat not being as active. I'd say that's about half and the other half is the fact that almost everyone I enjoyed talking to have stopped coming as well.. but a bunch of them have recently been making comebacks.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I think the accepted humour has shifted. It's gone from 'silly and goofy' to 'say as many rude and mean things as you can about random celebrities and shit' The regular section threads are great, but the things that made subtalk exciting has degraded. Half the threads are either a random picture with an inside joke, or its someone posting a youtube video, and then ranting about the degrading music talent of celebs. It gets a bit depressing.

People take the littlest things so seriously, instead of joking around. It depresses me sometimes, and so I tend to stay away a bit.

But sometimes its just because I get carried away with other things and don't go on my computer for a whole day.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.

Are you more busy than usual? Have you become bored of GF? Do you not have a desire to post as much any more? Or maybe you're just lurking.

For me personally, I haven't been having a good time. I still adore most of the members here but so much negative stuff has happened here lately that I feel more stress than enjoyment.
To be honest, I'm the same.

People are just really testy and overly sensitive around here the past year or two. Some people like myself are afraid to even crack a joke because at the drop of a hat, you can get assaulted by several members at once. I like that some of the "clique mentality" that used to exist heavily here is mostly gone, but it shows its ugly head once in awhile.

When it comes to blame, everyone points fingers at each other when really I think most members have played their parts here and there. GF used to be a lot more fun and I do have to admit without the chat indicator I have been kind of bummed because the best conversations go down in chat. It used to be more fun or at least was more enticing because people weren't so focused on drama or who was being mean to who (which is what it has become, a gossip cesspool). Being around this place for 5 years I can safely say that there have been significant dips in the significance of modding, friendship and following the rules.

Lastly, I have been busy, but I have a set schedule so it's not like my work week can go crazy weird or anything. Also, being mostly a poster in MD, I haven't had much desire to post there with all the flaming and baiting that was getting by unpunished.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I still come every day and read a lot of posts but I haven't had the desire to post. There is a lot of negativity floating around that I'd rather avoid. The constant ganging up, clique favoritism, and general drama and douchebaggery that comes along with a forum have all made me shy away from posting.

I would be seen more if poker were active again and/or the chat indicator worked. Also, some people need to get their heads out of their asses and just learn to get along.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.

Like Merc, I pretty much feel the same way. It's not as enjoyable as it used to be mostly due to the negativity. I'd also like to think that will change but I'm not so sure.

GF has become habit and it's hard not to check in so of course I still do. But I do find that wanting to check in less and less often.