PlayStation 3 250 GB Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Pack: € 349,99
PlayStation 3 80 GB: FIFA 10: € 349,99
PlayStation 3 250 GB: Tekken 6: € 349,99
Playstation 3 120 GB: Killzone 2 & Motorstorm 2: € 349,00
Playstation 3 Slim 120 GB Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: € 339,00
Playstation 3 Slim 120 GB Assassin's Creed 2: € 329,00
PlayStation 3 Slim 250 GB Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Pack: € 329,99
PlayStation 3 Slim 250 GB PSN pack: € 329,99

Note: may have forgot a 'slim' tag here and there, doesn't matter right?
Anyway, I was planning to buy a PS3 with 2 controllers and about 4 games. The money I'd like to spend is app. 500 euro.

I am planning to get 2 race-games, 1 action/adventure and 1 misc game.

Since there are no race game-bundles (afaik), I'm gonna have to buy these seperately. I'm doubting between CMR: Dirt2; Race Driver: Grid or just buying one and wait for GT5 to come out.
I could combine this with the 379 euro pack of CoD & Assasin's creed. Or Ratchet & Clank-pack and CoD or something like that seperately.

So yeah, I'm looking for ideas. Which games should I get? And is there anything else I need apart from a 2nd controller? Does it need anything to play online?
Also, how do i connect it to a TV? I have a rather old model, does that matter?

Last edited:

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Which bundle should I get?
One of the first 2

Anyway, I was planning to buy a PS3 with 2 controllers and about 4 games. The money I'd like to spend is app. 500 euro.

I am planning to get 2 race-games, 1 action/adventure and 1 misc game.

Since there are no race game-bundles (afaik), I'm gonna have to buy these seperately. I'm doubting between CMR: Dirt2; Race Driver: Grid or just buying one and wait for GT5 to come out.
I could combine this with the 379 euro pack of CoD & Assasin's creed. Or Ratchet & Clank-pack and CoD or something like that seperately.
Wait for GT5

So yeah, I'm looking for ideas. Which games should I get? And is there anything else I need apart from a 2nd controller?
There are "best of ps3" lists all over the main game sites, i suggest you take a look and watch reviews and pass your own judgement
Also, get a headset.

Does it need anything to play online?
Internet connection
Wireless router or an ethernet cable

Also, how do i connect it to a TV? I have a rather old model, does that matter?
Just use a Scart or RGB

Last edited:
A PS3 for Christmas? Jesus would be proud. Ha. I'd say the second option, only because I'm in love with Uncharted 2. And yes, wait for GT5.

It has a Tomb Raider feel, yes. But I think it's at least 100 times better (but then again, I haven't plated a TR since the third one). There's shooting, platforming, treasure hunting and puzzles. Plus the story, characters, graphics and voice acting are all great.

The picture of Jesus caressing the PS3 made me laugh.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm in agreeance with Kons here.

Go with the uncharted 2.

If you havent played Uncharted 1 yet... I would say get your paws on it to sometime! its in the "Greatest Hits" list so its less than $20.00 now. I have yet to play Uncharted 2, but I can definetely attest for Uncharted 1... its a FANTASTIC game.

for a Misc. Game... get MW2 ;) then you can play with us PS3 heads :hah:

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Yeah but i've played Assassins creed 2 at a friends house and its Leaps and Bounds better than the first one... plus Modern warfare2? err, its a tough one.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Assassins Creed... Leaps and Bounds... ha ha ha ha I saw the comedy in that :hah:

I've heard Ass Creed 2 was just more of the same only better graphics and a tighter story line? It was like pulling teeth to finish Ass Creed 1 for me... The same 5 missions over and over and over and over and over only to have a climax-less ending. The game was beautiful dont get me wrong here, but I wouldn't say it lands in my "most notable" category.

Uncharted on the other hand is amazing. But I also see where you're coming from with MW2 :hmm:

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Well i haven't played enough to know how good is it compared to AC1

But Gamespot, gametrailers and Ign gave it excellent reviews, they said it had improved. I only didn't get it cause im saving my money to import FFXIII and Star Ocean international.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I havent played the second one myself... Same as you, I just compared reviews from other People and the main gist I got was that its pretty much the same Turd just prettied up some more.

Fortunately even the first Assassins Creed wasnt a bad game, it was just faulty in its greatness. Because it was so Huge, I can see why they didnt have enough room to really expand further than weak GTA II style missions that seemed to repeat over and over. And the review I had read pretty much said AC2 picked up right where AC1 left off.

Although not a bad thing... still not a good thing :hah: