• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A position-by-position look at MLB's best

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is according to FoxSports, its not my opinion.

Catcher

Joe Mauer, Twins

First base

Albert Pujols, Cardinals

Second base

Chase Utley, Phillies

Third base

Alex Rodriguez, Yankees

Shortstop

Jimmy Rollins, Phillies

Left field

Matt Holliday, Rockies

Center field

Ichiro Suzuki, Mariners

Right field

Vladimir Guerrero, Angels

Designated hitter

David Ortiz, Red Sox

Right-handed starter

Brandon Webb, Diamondbacks

Left-handed starter

C.C. Sabathia, Indians

Closer

Joe Nathan, Twins

Now I want you guys to make your best players at every position.

FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - A position-by-position look at MLB's best

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If your a baseball fan you'll be able to remember which players play at which position. So no you won't get a drag and drop list.

Ichiro was moved to Center Field last season.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I have to agree Brandon Webb is the best right handed starter, but I disagree with with several of the others on that list

ZackPhilly

I would take Jake Peavy Righty and Johan Santana Lefty, and not just because of last years results.

All Pitchers are lucky to stay healthy... and are just luck in a list like this... particularly closer ... Nathan...

All the rest are excellent offensive and defensive players.

I have some reservations on the decline of Vladdy, if Nick Markakis is an excellent defender, Griffey Jr. is in right now.... and their is decline again, Brad Hawpe (?), Magglio Ordonez (?), Dye and Abreau...Jeff Francoeur is the only non-center fielder to win a Gold Glove last year...

Dye had one in 2000, Griffey last of 10 was in 1999 (as a center fielder), Vlad never won one, in fact Francoeur looks like the only other one in the last 15 years or so (check me I did no look real close).

Really is low quantity at the position.

stejay

I would put Jeter at SS personally. I was surprised to hear that Rollins was MVP last year, so I do not think he is the best SS in the MLB personally.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Crackshot List:

RSP: Beckett
LSP: Santana
RP: Hoffman
C: Mauer
1B: Pujols
2B: Utley
3B: Wright
SS: A-Rod (YES I DID IT. HE DOESN'T BELONG ON AN OVERSTOCKED YANKEES ANYWAYS)
LF: Holliday
CF: Ichiro
RF: Griffey