A poll on guns

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Mar 29, 2010.

?

What is your stance on guns?

1. I'm for gun rights

41.9%
  2. I'm semi pro gun rights

16.1%
  3. I don't care / Middle of the road / Neither for or Against.

3.2%
  4. I'm semi gun control.

12.9%
  5. I'm for gun control.

25.8%
  1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I haven't done one of these in a while and since we have a bunch of a new members I'd like to get a poll on what people think about gun ownership. Either for or against.

Please explain your views.

Tucker likes this.

2. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I'm for gun ownership, it's better to at have the people to have something to protect oneself from someone, then to not have any form of defense and someone pull out a weapon and steal all of your stuff.

3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

4. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I am definitely for. I don't like the idea of not being able to protect myself if my life is in danger.

5. pro2A

If the 2A ever has to be used, it can end w/o a shot being fired... I hope you do know that.

And before you go off on the militia thing... I have two words for you about violent extremism...

Bill Ayers.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  6. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

Here's a big suprise: I LOVE GUNS!
    The more the merrier (for me). I like to shoot cans, water bottles, silhouettes, clay pigeons, targets, ducks, geese, pheasants, rabbits, & someday a deer. They are fun to shoot, fun to own, fun to hunt with, fun, fun, FUN! Not only that they have the added benefit of self-defense! Could anything be more awesome? :D

7. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I'm for semi-control. Gun ownership is fine with me, and I respect it. That being said, I do have an issue with all kinds of people stocking up on automatic rifles and things of that nature. I just have trouble with people buying guns like an AK-47 and then saying it's for hunting.

Jeanie likes this.
  8. pro2A

I respect your view, but full auto rifles are darn near impossible to get. Most people don't own automatic rifles. You must be confusing them with semi-automatic variants.

9. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

@ Unity: automatic means they continue to fire as long as the trigger is held and there is ammunition. You have to have a special license to own them, not just a CPL. Pro can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is a federal license through the ATF and they don't just hand them out like candy.

10. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I probably am confusing them, I know you guys are the experts there. :nod:

Still, I usually blanket my view that things like Rifles and Hand guns are just fine and that people should be able to own them, but if more powerful variations of gus are out there without strict regulation they can get to criminals, extremists (of any sort of political/religious persuasion you can think up, lol. Not trying to confine it to one kind), etc.

I just think it's one of those things in which government regulation is necessary, and that it's not at as much risk of being "too regulated" as people fear.