• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A plan for Afghanistan: Declare Victory and leave

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A plan for Afghanistan: Declare victory — and leave - The Washington Post

I know this is over a week old, but just came across it this morning.

It's costing 10 billion dollars a month to nation build in Afghanistan. Don't you think it's time to pack up your bags and leave Afghanistan and put that money to get out of debt?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I heard the US and UK were in talks with the Taliban. I guess they've finally come to the conclusion that bombing them is a waste of time, money and good men and they're not going to win like that.

Although, i don't think we're pulling out til 2015 :rolleyes:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Talks with the Taliban? Aren't those the ones who practice female circumcision
The Taliban's treatment of women lags centuries behind that in more modern countries. That's common of backward tribal societies the world around. But no, they do not practice genital mutilation. Where did you hear that?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
A plan for Afghanistan: Declare victory — and leave - The Washington Post

I know this is over a week old, but just came across it this morning.

It's costing 10 billion dollars a month to nation build in Afghanistan. Don't you think it's time to pack up your bags and leave Afghanistan and put that money to get out of debt?

Thoughts?
The first time I ever heard this plan was from Trump. He went further and said you throw a ticker-tape parade in NYC. If we say we won, then in some respect we won. We never had a clear directive in Afghanistan so why not pick one now and get out?

The thing about Afghanistan is they are literally sitting on a gold mine. There is enough gold, copper, silver, etc.. in the country to make themselves a very wealthy nation. If they want to get together with a world bank and come up with a plan for industrializing it they can and the world will be better off. If not, I guess they can kill each other. What can you do?