A NON Auction Related Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Msbabedoll, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

Ok last night i'm drying my hair and when I come back into the living room I notice a letter by my cup. This morning I get to work and have another letter in my purse from her.......the one in my purse says this:

Mama,
    I love you dearly, but I HATE it here, you have to let me move back to amory. I will do anything. Please let me move, Please let me move. Like I said I will do anything! Please, I will become an A, B Student if you let me move or I will stay an a,b,c student.

The one last night said pretty much the same thing except how she has just pretended to like her new School and how she will come spend all her time on the weekends with me if I would just let her move back.

I Dont' know what to do!! It's been a year and I hate to let her make her stay somewhere she is not happy with, but I dont want someone else raising my child either! My late husbands parents still live in Amory, so that is who she would stay with if I let her go. I just DONT KNOW what to do!!

What would YOU do?

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Wow, what a tough situation for you! You said it's been a year, but that year has been filled with change, adjustment, and acceptance. Give it more time, it sounds like she is clinging to the past and not accepting the future. She needs to be with YOU! Give it more time and God bless!

3. Msbabedoll

Thank You! I am wondering if putting those Auctions on telling about James death was a good idea. I have been SO depressed this week. And then her bringing me this, was just icing on the cake.

I take antidepressants, and they are SO expensive that alot of times I might go a week or more before getting them refilled. I'm gonna break down and get them filled today, I believe I NEED THEM! I am also going to call Kayla's therapist and make an appointment for the both of us. Maybe she can help her understand how important staying home with the rest of us is.

4. kyrie

kyrie Registered Member

Jennifer... how old is your daughter?
    Is there any way you can move back to Amory?

5. Msbabedoll

My daughter is 13 and there is not really a possiblity of moving back to amory. First of all we are buying a house where we are now. Second, her daddies killer is STILL walking in that town!!! I can't stand to even drive through that town........

I guess if it got So bad, we could try to sell our house and move....I dont know......I am totally lost with this.

I contacted the Behavior Health center and am waiting on her Therapist to call me. I hope maybe she can help us out with this delima!

6. kyrie

kyrie Registered Member

Good idea about getting your daughter a therapist. I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. I am so sorry.

I agree with angelspeak....your daughter needs you and you need your daughter. Especially right now.

I wish you and your family the best and will keep you in my prayers.

7. Msbabedoll

Thank you! I hope that the Therapist can make her understand how important it is for her to be with her family. I am sure we can work out some kind of comprimise. Maybe she could go stay weekends with her grandparents and therefore spend time with her friends. That way, all she has to do is get through the week and she will have all summer with her other friends! Hmmmm...........that just MIGHT work!!

8. kyrie

kyrie Registered Member

After going through what she has gone through (still going through) a therapist would be able to help her with her feelings. I know if my family were going through what yours is, we would need a therapist.

If she is unable to go to her grandparents on the weekends, maybe her friends can come stay at your house or she to theirs? At this age they need their peers. Maybe is she saw her friends more often it would help her?

9. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I think you just figured out a solution to your problem. (OK maybe not ALL summer....Mom would probably miss her for that amount of time) She's at such a tough age. I wish you both much luck and hope you can get thru this!

10. Msbabedoll

Thanks Nanner! No not ALL summer! LOL But Amory is just an hours drive from here so it's not that far away.

I am sure everything will turn out just fine. It always does. :)