A New You

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EllyDicious, Jan 29, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i was going through some news and i came across Heidi Montag's (more than)10 plastic surgeries she has made recently.

at first she was like this:
    [​IMG]

then became like this:
    [​IMG]

and a few days ago she became like this:
    [​IMG]

here's a before and after picture
    [​IMG]

to tell you the truth i'm shocked by what she's done. she was 10 times better before. now she looks like a plastic stupid blonde doll. what's worse is the fact that she's planning on increasing her breast size from D to F.

here's a video:
    Heidi Denies Plastic Surgery Addiction but Wants More Already

anyway, this thread is not about Heidi, but more about a man or a woman can do with their body.

my question is: Would you be able to tolerate you partner/friend/family member/relative to go through so many physical changes?
    would you be ok with it thinking it's their life, they can do whatever they want with their body? or you wouldn't put up with it?
    explain.

2. Dali

Dali Registered Member

She was beautiful and didn't need any surgery in my opinion and honestly I don't think she can you the excuse this time that she was very unhappy with her body and looks. Now I am thinking that the respect she had will now be tarnished, now I am sure people will just view her as a fake, superficial woman, that may work in Hollywood as is the trend and I am wondering if she will regret it in the future, as soon as you have breast implants I think that it's every 10 years that you need more surgery?

Cosmetic surgery if addictive and I wish there were more legislation on it so if a man or woman were having more and more surgery they should be assessed and maybe go into some form of treatment and not be encouraged to get bigger breasts or a new nose as it will not solve anything, they need Psychatrist not a cosmetic surgeon.

Saying this I do agree with surgery if it is "needed". If a man or a woman is so unhappy with something about their appearance and it is causing their life to be disrupted then I say they should go for it as long as they have looked into every possibility. I have known a few people who have had cosmetic procedures and it really makes a difference to them, in their outlook on life and emotionally. Some people suffer for years and years with depression, they have had therapy and drugs but still they are depressed, they get surgery and the problem seems to be solved. This isn't every case but in these circumstances I only view surgery as a good thing.

Not a good thing when the person is clearly suffering from an addictive personality, like Lola Ferrari and she died, her breasts suffocated her and she should have had help instead of being encouraged.

3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

If a family member or a close friend of mine wanted or went through that much surgery I think the only thing I could do is just let them do it. I mean if it makes them happy then it's not my place to tell them it's wrong.

I wouldn't be happy seeing someone so uncomfortable with their body that they want to change it so much.

If someone wants to do it then it's their choice whether I agree with it or not.

4. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

That's weird. She looked way better in the first place before any surgery.

I guess that if someone wants to change their body, well, it's their body to do with what they will. :dunno: It's personal choice.

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't understand people who get that much plastic surgery. I mean, I can understand maybe one or two procedures, but surely you can't be that unhappy with your body. I know that perfection is forced upon us, but at the same time any reasonable person knows deep inside that it isn't looks that matter, it's what's inside. So, to answer the questions, if a close friend or family member started trying to 'fix' themselves, then i'd try talking to them about it to start with, see what the underlying issue was. If there was no luck with that, then recommend they see a doctor to talk through there issues. I thought there was meant to be consultations to make sure you were getting surgery for the right reasons anyway?

6. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i wonder what was so uncomfortable with Heidi's body that made her go on more plastic surgery.
    i think some people have serious problems with themselves because having a natural defect is way different from trying to change your whole body just because you think you'll look sexier.
    i can understand people having something unnatural in their body and want to fix it but resizing your boobs and changing your face's shape is stupid and mentally ill.
    i'm sure if my partner went through so many plastic surgeries with no eligible reasons, it'd be a strong reason to break up from him.!

7. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I agree 100% and I would not want my girlfriend/wife to go thru any cosmetic surgeries.

8. Scissorhands

Scissorhands Registered Member

I'd hit it before; I'd hit it after.

But before she was gorgeous and yes, she has become a Barbie doll. Even though I like the posture of her boobs now. =) But I don't like her wicked jaw line and shit now.

EDIT:

Maybe she wants to look like Stiffler's mom.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I think she looks best in the first or second picture, without a doubt. In the last one, she looks like a manly version of 70% of the women in Hollywood. And her boobs are way too big, but that's just me. She should have quit whilst she was ahead a loong time ago.

Anyway..

For partner, I most likely wouldn't be with someone in the first place if they were the type to want to change their appearance with such drastic measures. Friends and family is much more probable. I wouldn't want them to do it but at the end of the day it's their decision and I won't love them any less. I'd probably try my best to discourage them, though.

10. Dekzper

Dekzper Registered Member

First, she Def looks weird now! As for the breast thing, well, I'm glad people dont think the same about noses, lol! That's Too big to really be sexy anyway. The plastic surgery thing doesn't really bother me a lot but it should be for a good reason. Somebody in my family had a nose job and he seemed kind of strange for a while but I got over it. He didn't though cause now his nose doesn't work as good as it did before. Don't think i'd ever want plastic surgery cause I like knowin who i'll see when I look in a mirror. But I think I could deal with it... well, if they didn't look too weird. if they did, I might actually start avoiding them.