A mystery I need to have solved

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
Ok this has been bothering for me for a while now. Pretty much everyone knows the song Riding Dirty by Chamillionaire but what is "ridin dirty". Yes I am white but I listened to this song and I asked my friend who has more friends who listen to rap music and none of them had the slightest clue what it actually means so maybe someone here knows for sure what it means

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Henskie said:
Ok this has been bothering for me for a while now. Pretty much everyone knows the song Riding Dirty by Chamillionaire but what is "ridin dirty". Yes I am white but I listened to this song and I asked my friend who has more friends who listen to rap music and none of them had the slightest clue what it actually means so maybe someone here knows for sure what it means
Life Fact #32,413: Most mainstream rap lyrics have no intellectual meaning outside of materialism, drugs, or bitches

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
^ of which all could apply to the term "ridin' dirty".

I don't know, but the real question is: does it matter? It doesn't sound like a particularly deep song if its that hard to figure it out.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I wanted to add sex to your list Merc. When I listen to rap I just pay attention to the beat and the flow of the words, not really the words themselves.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
oxyMORON said:
I wanted to add sex to your list Merc. When I listen to rap I just pay attention to the beat and the flow of the words, not really the words themselves.
That's fine. I have a pal who listens to heavy metal and you can't understand a thing these guys are saying. He says that he listens for the sheer energy that comes with the music, which is cool. Also, according to him, you wouldn't want to know half the stuff they're saying. I can agree though that there are a few songs with catchy beats.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I just listen to the beat and i focus on the lyrics after i determined if i liked the song.

Some metal is ok i dont pay much attention to lyrics though to any music unless I really like the band.

M

Midnight

Most rappers today don't have a meaningful message in their songs. Usually it's lets get drugs and girls and get crunk.

Tupac, Biggie, Jay-z, Nas and other legendary rappers had legitimate messages in their songs. This is why reggae will always be at the top of my music list.