a graphics question

Discussion in 'Art & Creative' started by Turbo, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i've been goofing with photoshop for a year now and was curious.

in peoples work here i've seen fonts used that aren't in photoshop, like how cons had the joker blood lettering for his name a while back. how do you import fonts like that into photoshop or was it done through imageready?? and how different is imageready from photoshop?

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

It's really easy, all you have to do is this...

1. Search online for the font that you want to have
    2. Download the font
    3. Locate the font to the folder that you downloaded it to.
    4. go to the windows folder on your computer
    5. Open System32
    6. Open fonts
    7. Copy and paste any fonts that you have downloaded that you want to use.

That's how I do it, it's not that hard after you learn to do it you'll remember forever.

All of the fonts in my signature are downloaded and that's how I got the fonts to be able to use them.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Are you talking about this avatar?

http://www.generalforum.com/members/hybrix-albums-stuff-i-ve-made-picture525-constantine.html

I actually made that avatar with a hand drawn lettering that I made from scratch. To get that look you'll probably have to hand draw it.

As for importing fonts into Photoshop, just install them into Windows as dDave mentioned. You can also install fonts by opening the control panel and opening the fonts folder there and dragging new fonts in.

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

can you guys recommend a site where i can download fonts to add to my system?

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Just search for "free fonts" on google. There are all sorts of sites with tons of free fonts to download.

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

awesome, mucho thanks guys...that will so help my photoshop stuff having more creative fonts to use.

edit: found a great couple of sites and am adding a ton of fonts....thanks gang

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  7. me2la

me2la Registered Member

Be very careful loading fonts in your windows font folder..you could overload it and it won't work right..you can use a free font tool such as fontxplor or xfonter and download (making folder in documents) to a folder and then browsing for them and shirking font to bottom bar..it should show up in photo shop. I have been using Paint shop pro for years and learn this the hard way..don't want to scare anyone..just trying to help ..kk. hugs Anne

8. Nemo

Nemo Registered Member

dafont.com and Deviant Art are my two top resources for fonts.