A friend...........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Jun 21, 2005.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I received a wonderful story from a good friend a while ago. I hope it touches you all as it touched me!
    I thought it would be nice to do the same sort of thing here..........

Sometimes Life seems too busy...but it's really not, it's just the illusion of what we think we have to do to be of value. We never really know do we...when our time is up.

So...thank you to all of you for being such an important part of my life experience. What a wonderful ride it is. Enjoy this little message that follows...

Too Busy for a Friend...

One day a teacher asked her students to list the names of the other students in the room on two sheets of paper, leaving a space between each name.

Then she told them to think of the nicest thing they could say about each of their classmates and write it down.

It took the remainder of the class period to finish their assignment, and as the students left the room, each one handed in the papers.

That Saturday, the teacher wrote down the name of each student on a separate sheet of paper, and listed what everyone else had said about that individual.

On Monday she gave each student his or her list. Before long, the entire class was smiling. "Really?" she heard whispered. "I never knew that I meant anything to anyone!" and, "I didn't know others liked me so much." were most of the comments.

No one ever mentioned those papers in class again. She never knew if they discussed them after class or with their parents, but it didn't matter. The exercise had accomplished its purpose. The students were happy with themselves and one another. That group of students moved on.

Several years later, one of the students was killed in Viet Nam and his teacher attended the funeral of that special student. She had never seen a serviceman in a military coffin before. He looked so handsome, so mature.

The church was packed with his friends. One by one those who loved him took a last walk by the coffin. The teacher was the last one to bless the coffin.

As she stood there, one of the soldiers who acted as pallbearer came up to her. "Were you Mark's math teacher?" he asked. She nodded: "yes." Then he said: "Mark talked about you a lot."

After the funeral, most of Mark's former classmates went together to a luncheon. Mark's mother and father were there, obviously waiting to speak with his teacher.

"We want to show you something," his father said, taking a wallet out of his pocket. "They found this on Mark when he was killed. We thought you might recognize it."

Opening the billfold, he carefully removed two worn pieces of notebook paper that had obviously been taped, folded and refolded many times. The teacher knew without looking that the papers were the ones on which she had listed all the good things each of Mark's classmates had said about him.

"Thank you so much for doing that," Mark's mother said. "As you can see, Mark treasured it."

All of Mark's former classmates started to gather around. Charlie smiled rather sheepishly and said, "I still have my list. It's in the top drawer of my desk at home."

Chuck's wife said, "Chuck asked me to put his in our wedding album."

"I have mine too," Marilyn said. "It's in my diary."

Then Vicki, another classmate, reached into her pocketbook, took out her wallet and showed her worn and frazzled list to the group. "I carry this with me at all times," Vicki said and without batting an eyelash, she continued: "I think we all saved our lists."

That's when the teacher finally sat down and cried. She cried for Mark and for all his friends who would never see him again.

The density of people in society is so thick that we forget that life will end one day. And we don't know when that one day will be!

Remember, you reap what you sow. What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

May Your Day Be Blessed As Special As You Are
    ......................................................................................................
    Now it's my turn. I will not purposely omit any names because it's very easy to say 1 nice thing about someone. Obviously I cannot list every members name, so I will list those who I "know" and have bantered with the most!

1_ares_1/ A fighter, she will have no problem fitting in wherever she ends up, I am honored to know you!

BunnyRoses/ Intelligent, she sticks to what she believes, thank you for simply being you!

Darth Tater/ A wonderful father; obviously a great asset & friend to Andrew!

doubles/ Remember at the end of the Grinch movie when the Grinches heart grew and grew? Doubles already has that wonderful heart!

Dragon/ A fighter with many happy years ahead of him!

Fairyquad/ a creative soul which I admire!

Foreheadguy/ Well beyond simple intelligence, I believe he has a sensitive and caring soul although he tends to hide that side!

Greenhappy/ Another smart one (stop wishing for food all the time)!

Helpisontheway/ The world is blessed because you are here!

Kromsales/ Always there to help and obviously a fantastic mother, I look forward to knowing you better!

Lostmymindw/5- One of the most creative people I have ever had the pleasure to communicate with!

Mina/sweet-sweet!

Msbabedoll/ One of the sweetest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing!!! :D

Nanner/ Reminds be soooo much of my big sister Diana, theres simply not enough room here to say all the nice things I'd like too!

Nani/ you are very sweet!

Nightsurfer/ One of the lucky souls who have found their little corner of the world and are happy there!

Tgirl/ A heart of gold. The world needs many more of you in it!

Tonyspoker/ A very nice person!

Twilightdawn/ I look forward to knowing you better! You seem very sweet!

Wolver/ You are my kharma sister (I'm sure I don't need to explain why!)

If you have read this all the way through, thank you!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005

2. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

That is the sweetest and nicest thing I have ever seen. You brought me to tears! Now its my turn. Again no one ommited on purpose....
    1_ares_1/ A fighter, she will have no problem fitting in wherever she ends up, I am honored to know you!

BunnyRoses..... We havent talked verymuch but every post you make is so nice. I would say Bunny fits you perfect cause they are so sweet!

Darth Tater.....You sure know your movie trivia! I have fun playing it with ya!!

doubles.......the kindest person I have ever met in my life. I am honored to be called friend by you.

Dragon....You never give up and fight hard..a quality some work hard to achieve..but you make it look like anyone can do.

Fairyquad......You are so smart! And so creative with your words...i am in awe! :)

Foreheadguy....You remind me so much of my little brother its crazy! You have worked hard and deserve the good fortune you will get from it!

Greenhappy....crazy LOL thats all I can say!~;)

Angel.....You have been so kind to everyone! Always good for a laugh or a happy tear. You are willing to help anyone and everyone...one of the sweetest people I have ever met.

Mina....so sweet and a great mom!!

Msbabedoll.....So sweet! And a big heart open for everyone!!

Nanner....I always think of Mickey Mouse when I see your name LOL You always put a smile on my face :)

Nightsurfer....The most talented person I have ever met!!
    Tgirl....So kind and sweet! and very fun to post with!!!

Tonyspoker....A very nice person that is always good for a smile

Froggy...even tho you are new...I can tell you are going to become a great friend to us.

Wolver.....Always good for a great auction!! And a good laugh, which we all need more of!! :)

Lily.....You are so kind. And try so hard to make the world of ebay a better place..keep it up you are doing a great job!!

3. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

I have to add cause I dont want this left out!!

iggy....You are so sweet! And your smile in your avitar is sooooo contagious!! :)

4. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

Well first off I want to say that I am touched!! You guys are SO great and wonderfull and I have had the best two months of my life on here and met some of the most wonderful people on here!! I am going to try my hand at this, but remember I am not one of the creative ones! (smile)

1_ares_1/ A fighter,(got that one right!) one of my first good friends I made on here, she is the one behind me pushing me to be the best I can be! She also likes to double dog dare me! (she knows this always gets me!)

BunnyRoses/ Unfortunatly we have alot in common. (u all know what I mean) But she is a very strong prson and very loveing mom who will get through life just fine!

Darth Tater/ A wonderful father; and a fellow kiss collector!

doubles/ Another fighter, but yet with that big heart......

Dragon/ A fighter with many happy years ahead of him!

Fairyquad/ a creative soul, and very sweet wonderful person

Foreheadguy/ Well beyond simple intelligence, I believe he has a sensitive and caring soul although he tends to hide that side! (this I can not change because it is so true, I have SEEN the caring side!)

Greenhappy/ Another smart one (stop wishing for food all the time) and one of the best mystery auctioniers!

Helpisontheway/ The world is blessed because you are here! And I am blessed to know you!

Kromsales/ Always there to help and obviously a fantastic mother, I look forward to knowing you better! ( couldn't agree more on this one!)

Lostmymindw/5- a pleasure to know, very strong person and loving mother!!!

Mina/ One of the sweetest people I know, a loving mother and hoot to talk to!

Nanner/ A special friend to have, sweet, intellegent and just plain awesome!

Nani/ you are very sweet and I hope that things will get better between you and who ever you had problems with.

Nightsurfer/ One of the lucky souls who have found their little corner of the world and are happy there!

Tgirl/ A heart of gold. The world needs many more of you in it! VERY VERY TRUE!!! Great friend!!

Tonyspoker/ Kind, generous, sweet person

Twilightdawn/ I look forward to knowing you better! You seem very sweet! Ditto!!

Wolver/ "the breast lady!" LOL I have fun watching your auctions, your totally kind, sweet and fun to talk to!!!

If you have read this all the way through, thank you

If I am missing anyone please forgive me........I totally love you all!!

Ok I want everyone in here to notice the KICK ME sign on my back, Please kick me!!!

I forgot one of the most wonderfullest people on here!! Someone who has helped me with my auctions, someone who has given me great advice and someone who is talented and caring.........and I FEEL SO bad for leaving her out of my list!!! (thats what I get for copy/pasteing)! Angelspeak!! You all must agree, she is a very kind and generous person and if it weren't for her, I would have not made so much more money off my auctions to save for my debt payoff.........

Angelspeak............one helllll heck of a woman!!! HUGS GF!!

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Feeling all warm and fuzzy!!!! :)

BTW Jenn, hope your backsides not to bruised! You're sooo funny!

6. froggy

froggy Registered Member

I Really know AnyOne Other Than From Here. But You All Are Froggys Friends.
    ribbit,ribbit

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Keep the flames out of this thread.. any posts like that will be removed..

8. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

alright let me see how I do with my list : ) hope I don't leave anyone out lol

Angel- an excellent artist and wonderful person to know and a great conversationalist : )

Msbabe- the first person I talked to on here (because of our common thread) a real nice person with a great sense of humour and wonderful personality!

forehead guy- a great guy with lots of cool ideas!

1_ares- another great person that says exactly what is on her mind

Nanner- another great sense of humour and a disney connection ( I like winnie the pooh) hehe

kromsales- all the post that I read from you are very nice and some informative, seems like a very nice person : )

Green- a go getter! and a great with auctions!

T-girl- we don't talk alot together but your posts make me laugh! and brings a smile to my face

lostmymind- you are a one of kind! I can't imagine six kids, I have one and she drives me crazy sometimes LOL but you are a great person to know.

DarthTater- a very intelligent wonderful individual I love reading your posts

nani- you are very sweet, haven't talked to you much but when I have its been very pleasant

helpisontheway- you are a really strong woman with alot of courage. It is great to know you and have you around these boards

doubles- LOL what can I say about you....hmmmm you crack me up!!

wolver- you make me smile alot when I see you post.

Well I am sure that I left someone out but I'm sorry if I did I like everyone here LOL but just tried to post the ones that I know more, or have seen around more.

It is nice to come in here and hang around you guys during the day when I get the opportunity to sit down. I think this was a great idea Angel to have people write nice things about someone. and thank you all for the nice things you had to say about me : )

9. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

Whew!! Where to start?? So many people here that I truly treasure... I guess I'll just go thru the list...

Angel~ You're a sweet, inspiring, talented artist with a brilliant knack for fun*

BunnyRoses~ Seem to me to be a very caring person*

cShawn13~ WooHoooo! You've helped me sooo much*

Tater~ You're like a baby bro... don't always agree but, I just love ya*

Doubles~ Overly swollen heart*

Dragon~ Very clever boy, will go far*

Forehead Andrew~ Forever grateful to you for giving me all these friends*

QuadMomma Lana~ Fabtastic humor and wonderful creativity*

Tania HIOTW~ Stronger than I could ever dream to be but, wish I was*

Iggy~ A super gal-pal... funny as hell*

Puddin' Pam~ Such a sweet and protective person*

Krom~ Total Mom package...probably drives a minivan*

Lily~ Super-sleuth*

Dawn LMMW5~ You're auctions and humor about life in general are wonderful*

Mina~ Very sweet girl*

MomtoBrenna~ Sweet and empathetic... and possibly my new neighbor soon*

Snipes~ You work so hard to keep us straight...Thank you*

Djebay~ Super easygoing, great fun to hang with*

Nani~ Stronger than you think you are*

Nanner~ Such a good person... I think lots of us look up to your character*

Redchinsu~ You all should get to know Justin, he's very sweet*

HumanPin~ So open and honest*

Surfer~ Super cool... brought me here and has been a great person since*

TonySpoker Julie~ My kinda gal...take no bullsh**!*

Twilight Dawn~ I think we will have lots of fun*

Ty2D2~ well... incredibly smart and driven (and my baby)... so I LOVE YOU!!*

WolverGambit Barb~ Such a deep conviction for what you believe in*

MsBabe Jen~ Super special lady... a real friend*

and Trina~ My scarecrow... I love you the most of all*

If I left anyone out, I am truly sorry... It's the Alzheimers!! You all have been so great to me :D

10. nani1987

nani1987 Registered Member

thanks angelspeak you are a sweet person as well...

Nani~ Stronger than you think you are*

thanks ares but I dont feel it....nani i dont want pity and not looking for any either