• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A few divorce questions

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I figure some of my GF friends could help me here...

I wanted to make this divorce as amicable as possible. Apparently she doesn't. I'm tired of fighting with her. I am meeting with a lawyer today. She keeps sneaking around behind my back and changing passwords for our accounts, setting up new bank accounts, she drained our savings and she is totaling up the value of the shit I want to take even though it's less then 50/50 and then she wants half of the value of that. Basically she wants her shit and half of mine. That doesn't fly. I am very close to finding a place... I plan on selling a few guns to get out of here, but now she wants half of those sales. She keeps checking my phone records and is calling everyone I am just to see who it is...

I'm tired of her games... what can I do to end this shit? It's not making things easy. She knows it will ruin us both financially, but I have no choice in the mater if she keeps acting like a child...

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
How is she checking your phone records? Why do you let her do that? Is it your mobile you're talking about?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
How is she checking your phone records? Why do you let her do that? Is it your mobile you're talking about?
We're on a family plan... she can simply get online and see who I am calling and who I am texting. I could do the same until she changed the password. I'm tired of this childish shit and want to solve this like two adults.... but when she is acting like a child its kind of hard.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I doubt it's going to be an amicable break up with the way she's acting. It's really shameful of her to act so.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't have answers to your questions, but I believe CaptainObvious could be some help, since he helped AK through hers I believe. I'm sure a few other members can help you out too.

Can't you change your plan? Just call your phone company and tell them that you and your wife are no longer together so you want to change your plan for your phone. Not sure if it's that easy where you live, but that's one thing I would of done as soon as I found out she was checking on your phone calls like a hawk.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
You're going to have to start separating accounts. Most places are pretty good about doing it, so I don't think you'll have any problems doing that. You just may lose multi discounts.

Thankfully my ex and I pretty much kept everything separate all the time, including bank accounts. The only thing we really had to divide was car insurance and the house.
------
I don't have answers to your questions, but I believe CaptainObvious could be some help, since he helped AK through hers I believe. I'm sure a few other members can help you out too.

Can't you change your plan? Just call your phone company and tell them that you and your wife are no longer together so you want to change your plan for your phone. Not sure if it's that easy where you live, but that's one thing I would of done as soon as I found out she was checking on your phone calls like a hawk.
If I'm not mistaken, most companies will not change the plan, but they will remove him from it and put him on his own without any issue.

Last edited:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
We're on a family plan... she can simply get online and see who I am calling and who I am texting. I could do the same until she changed the password. I'm tired of this childish shit and want to solve this like two adults.... but when she is acting like a child its kind of hard.
I used to work in the cell phone industry and if the account is under your name they can make you the primary user on all lines and limit her access to the plan to where she can't see who you are calling or texting online. Also you will need to get her into you carrier's corporate store and do a change of responibility for the lines that she is going to keep, so therefore she can run a high bill if she wants and you won't be responsible for it. You and her have to be in the store though. That's the only thing I can suggest. I would do a change of responsiblilty as soon as possible.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I used to work in the cell phone industry and if the account is under your name they can make you the primary user on all lines and limit her access to the plan to where she can't see who you are calling or texting online. Also you will need to get her into you carrier's corporate store and do a change of responibility for the lines that she is going to keep, so therefore she can run a high bill if she wants and you won't be responsible for it. You and her have to be in the store though. That's the only thing I can suggest. I would do a change of responsiblilty as soon as possible.
It was in her name. I actually went and got a transfer of liability for my line. In short, I have my own plan now.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
It was in her name. I actually went and got a transfer of liability for my line. In short, I have my own plan now.
Oh! That's good news! So now I guess you're more free to do your own thing.