A Family In Need

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Watching. Good luck with that. Looks like you spent some time on it. Hopefully things will work out for you.

My only concern is starting the auction at $5,000. That's a little high for an impulse bidder, but it's a catch 22 because it's no good if you go much lower.

I'd say let it go for a few days and see how things are going and then make changes if you need to.

Looks like a crazy bidder I've been having trouble with must have seen the auction and decided to retaliate... I will have to relist it under another ID... What can I do to avoid any cancellation for "proposed" charity auctions? I never stated anything in the auction about being a charity. I simply stated that I was selling the photo to help my family... So that was wrong?

Ok, I've figured out what may be the problem, and I am fixing it. Please take a look when you have time, and help me double check? I have gone through every listing policy twice to make sure that I am clear on this one. I'm tired, and stressed... I've had my cry, and all I want is a good end to this one... Cross your fingers!!!

I agree with you on the price, but it's a risk I think I have to take. I was thinking about a starting bid of 4500 and a BIN of 5000, but then I figured I should let it run... What's the point in going 500 lower? Or maybe you would see it differently? Let me know on that one? I am really interested to hear everyone's opinon.

The whole purpose is to gain enough funds to pay the bills anyway, and technically that's what is needed to do it... Rent is 1200, just to start!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
It says invalid item now. If someone is prank bidding on your item you really should report them directly to eBay.

It's not prank bidding actually. Just someone I believe to be watching me, and not in a good way! Our transaction was cancelled by mutual agreement, but this lady was crazy! She was mad at me because I refused to accept a partial payment when they were charged by BidPay to send it. It ended up in a little spat, and I wasn't budging. I've never had a buyer say that I should take responsibility for what it costs them to send a payment.... That's like saying that I should pay them gas money and money for the MO when they have to go get one at the post office... Rediculous! Anyway, she was sending me emails harrassing me and badgering me about my feedback. :( I've never cheated anyone on Ebay, and it's not like I wanted any negative feedback. The first neg I recieved was because I never got any emails from the seller (found out later that my spam was blocking them). I didn't know what to do, and this was long before Ebay had a messaging system. The second negative came when I left my husband. I had limited access to the computer where I was staying, and I didn't realize there was a problem. I would have gladly refunded the buyers money, but he left a neg before I could, so I just let it go... It sucks, but that's Ebay!