• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A delicate question for women...

technoflutemom

Registered Member
After some treks I find myself very bruised "locally" <ahem>. The bruising can sometimes last for days. Does anyone use padded shorts? Do they help?

tater03

Registered Member
I have never used padded shorts. But yes I know exactly what you mean. Bike seats are not really made for the women and their shape in mind.

technoflutemom

Registered Member
I even have the super-comfy girly saddle, but if the trail is rough enough I still end up hurting.

By the way, I'm trying really hard here not to use any unintentional double entendres!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya.

I would go to your local bike shop and get a better seat.
I would recomend that you get a gell seat with a slightly wider back end. Lessens the pressure down there if you get my drift.

Also when you rest from peddling sit back furthur on the seat (also tilt the seat down a notch in the front)
My wife complained of the same thing till we did that. :nod:
Padded shorts will work too. But a new seat is better. The sales person at the bike shop will know just what type of seat I mean.

Sorry if my spelling is off. It's late and I'm fried from a long day of surfing. :tired:

tater03

Registered Member
I did buy a gel seat and it does help alot but I will have to try some of the other suggestions you mentioned because I still get sore. But it is usually when I bike long distances.

ACCER

Registered Member
For an innovative person, there is a whole new market: bike seats for women!

technoflutemom

Registered Member
I have a gel seat, too. It was recommended by the shop owner's wife specifically for that problem. I might have it tilted wrong, so I'll try tweaking that and also shifting my weight differently. Thanks!