• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A definitive ranking of the top 101 wrestlers of all time

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ranking the top 101 wrestlers of all time

Where do I start?

Sammartino not in the Top 10?

For Frank Gotch: "Someone had to invent the idea of fixed fights, okay?" Um, when Gotch wrestled, it was, you know, real.

The Miz?

Wild Bill Longson: "He came up in the Vaudeville days, back when wrestling was trying to be as realistic as possible, and invented the Piledriver, which might be the least realistic looking wrestling move ever." Um, if you do the piledriver the wrong way, you can kill someone. Ask Steve Austin about that.

JBL?

Christian?

Ron Simmons? OK, he was the first black world champion in a major promotion (unless you count Bearcat Wright in the WWA in the early 60s), and he has a great catchphrase, but he sure as heck isn't among the top 101.

Davey Boy? Try Dynamite Kid.

Kevin Von Erich? Who was the third best of the family, behind David and Kerry?

Michael Hayes? If you're going to pick a Freebird, Terry Gordy was the guy to pick. Not just for his FF career, but also for his work in Japan.

The Miz?

Goldust? At 49? They forgot a number in front of it.

Gorgeous George at 48? Oh, and this "George got his start in the ‘50s, when pro wrestling was trying to look as close to the real thing as possible, and he was one of the first guys to push the industry towards the “sports entertainment” end of the spectrum." Um, no. He actually started as a wrestler in the 30s, and became one of the first TV stars in the 40s. Sheesh, do some research.

Lou Thesz at 41? Top 20.

Bruno at 30? Top 10

Foley at 15? (He's awesome, but I wouldn't place him that high)

Harley Race at 14? Behind Jericho?

The Miz? really?

Andre at 10? Maybe 6 or 7.

Now, like the NCAA tournament, let's talk about some of the snubs. If they are on the list already and I missed them, my apologies.

Superstar Billy Graham. You know, the guy who Hulk Hogan imitated.

Jerry Lawler. Easy for a whole generation of fans to dismiss him as a commentator, but he was a mainstay in the business for 30 years.

Ray Stevens. One of the first incredible bumpers.

Pat Patterson, a great psychologist

Bobo Brazil, who was really the Jackie Robinson of the business.

Mildred Burke. The original women's wrestling star.

Ernie Ladd, who was one of the first African-Americans to be allowed to be a heel.

Killer Kowalski, Freddie Blassie, Dick the Bruiser, all of them great draws.

George Hackenschmidt, hey, if Frank Gotch is on there.

Tiger Mask, the guy who was one of the first cruiserweights.

Sabu, better than RVD, IMHO

If you have the Steiners for their tag team stuff, how about the Road Warriors?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't see Austin first and Hogan is 8

I stopped reading after that. I know there isn't a perfect list and everyone will disagree but come on.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Lists like these are so subjective. That's why I never pay attention to those.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I seen this lists pop on my Facebook a few weeks back, and basically like everyone who read this article, quickly closed the page after some of the names were ranked at ridiculous spots.