A cure for Political depression?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flyhigher

Great leaders of the past should inspire, not intimidate... I will never forget that stunning Oct. 7, 1962, Time magazine cover that showed Franklin D. Roosevelt weeping, a shining tear snaking its way down his pale and sunken cheek as he surveyed the destruction wrought by the New Frontier - - tax cuts, a Republican running Treasury... What an indictment of the Democratic Party; with a dirge for the new deal...

Oh, wait, that didn't happen...
Well I do remember the Time cover of JFK sobbing as he looked down on a cartoon of dope---smoking hippies holding a banner that said " McGovern..." It was the summer of '72, and the little bubble over JFK's head said, "Amnesty, Acid, Abortion... That's not A-Ok...

Oh, wait, that didn't happen either...
Could I be correct that they only front-page weeping Republicans, and only laud conservatives when their dead?

I refer to of course to the recent Time magazine cover, which had a picture of Ronald Reagan with a tear drawn in, to illustrate a piece on the current Republican Party...

The portion of the Republican Party that is based in and lives off the American capital has lost its way... They used to stand for conservative principles and now they stand for-- well whatever it is they stand for...

Status
Not open for further replies.