• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A blanket with sleeves? Yes, and it's AWESOME!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
So when preparing for our big contest I was trying to think of prize ideas. Psyco had the good idea of including a "Slanket" as one of the prizes. I took a look at their website (THE SLANKET, THE BEST BLANKET EVER) and instantly was intrigued.

You may or may not have checked out their site yet, but it's linked from the contest page, as well as a few other places around the forums.

Anyway, when I saw how warm and comfortable it looked, I realized that I had to have one for myself as well. Well a few days ago I got mine in the mail and I have to say that so far from my use of it so far it is pretty awesome. Seriously, I've used it quite a bit so far and I already wish I had two different colors. :)

I tend to watch TV late at night quite a bit, and this thing is perfect for keeping warm without having to tie on a robe, wear a coat, etc. It's HUGE as well and also works as a normal blanket for whatever use you may have, i.e. sleeping, etc. The cool part is that it has actual sleeves. (I know I said it before but it actually is quite ingenious). You can wear it by putting your arms through it forward, or also behind you, more like a normal robe. Either way it seems to work quite well.

It's not only made out of very high quality material, but, it's also very affordable at only $44.95. I definitely recommend checking them out:

The Slankets : THE SLANKET, THE BEST BLANKET EVER

And you have to admit that brown color instantly makes anybody look like a monk or a jedi or something. I might even get another one if they release a black version, but, that's just the "Sith Lord" coming out in me. :D

Also, be sure to take part in our big poker tournament next month for your chance to win a FREE Slanket for yourself! :)

(And YES, the Slanket prize is new and unused. It's not the same one that I have been wearing around, although some of you would like that wouldn't you...)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Heck with the Wii, I'm going for 2nd place in the big tournament. I want that Slanket! Seriously though, they look pretty awesome for watching TV.

Psyco

Food Whore
I'm sorry Echoes, I called dibs on it a while ago.

And i swear, Andrew, you're just putting up this stuff to taunt me.

dDave

V.I.P.
It looks comfortable, I really want it but not as much as the Wii I seriously doubt that I will even make it taht far in the tournament but you never know.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Dave, don't you already have a Wii? You should have to forfeit your place in the tournament. :D

dmny500

Registered Member
I just hope I get enough posts in to enter the tournament. I hadn't heard of a slanket until clicking on the link here but it seems really cool. I'm not saying I would take it over a Wii but it is a pretty cool thing to have and definitely has to be great for the winter.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
A slanket would also be pretty cool to have. I could watch movies in it. If you got a brown or black one, you could be a Jedi or a Sith!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's pretty awesome for watching movies in, or just doing anything in if it's cold and you don't need to move around much. For example, surf the web, watch TV, watch a movie, snack, etc.

Definitely a cool thing to have for sure!

MegaMike

Registered Member
I could really really use one of those when I'm typing on my laptop late at night (like I am now). I can get away with a regular blanket for gaming these days, however, because the 360 has wireless controllers. Still, I could see me getting a lot of use out of a slanket.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's come in handy pretty much every day since I posted this thread originally. I'm using it right now in fact as I type this. All nice and warm sitting here huddled at my keyboard. All I'm missing is some hot chocolate or warm tea... :)