• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

A Bible is More Important To Find Evidence Than A Labratory

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
The thread “What was the real relation between science and the Church?” was opened when I was typing up my answer. So if I can please still put my answer here it is.. So the beginning of my answer is answering Mikiel..

I thought it was great you were able to prove that science can lead us back to God. . But are you saying you don't believe Christianity? Well of course that would be not acknowledging how these churches were being about to those who studied and practice Science because you can’t bring in the Church aspect without including Early American Christians. Let's remember that Catholics had issues against Christians as much as Galileo the astronomer. In fact many Christians were tortured under Roman like rulers and including Herod the great, and Nero. Should it be surprising the catholic Church would also be against this astronomer that could agree in a Christian like view of how the universe was created?. .

Therefore Catholics and Christians are separate on the issues how God relates to science in any way form or fashion. . The Catholic Church has changed the book of Revelation to clear their name of being innocent and instead Judea as the criminal instead of Rome. It was easy for them to put all the blame on Nero. For this is why we teach in different Churched with different theology and doctrines.

Christianity is not a faith mostly proven by scientific extrapolations. The Bible however does include enough visible evidence why we can not disprove God’s existence. If one can only believe Science can prove God but God yet does not have a voice of his own. Then God is pretty powerless and inferior even to science. . And therefore to believe God has no say God would also have to follow the scientific laws as well. Which then would make God a moral man and would make him not to be God at all. . Because Atheists want to prove that science can exist without and especially Christianity. .

Where does this all come from?. . The Devil has told this lie for thousands of years. . He said as God told you to not seek the knowledge of this world. God is trying to hide something from you. Let me give you this worldly knowledge that you may consume. . In Eden it was the tree of knowledge for that Eve and Adam had eaten. Today the knowledge is anywhere where it can be found. The lie says only by science God can be proved or disproved. And only by science can reveal all of Gods’ truth within scientific laws alone. .

So then it would therefore not matter about the church anymore. For if science has begun in the church then the church has begun at Christianity. And that was from Jesus. And Jesus is of the Jews. And he came from the line of Abraham. Even from the line of David. . So just as science can not disprove God neither can science disprove that Christianity is a false belief system. . Neither does Christianity try to prove that Science is a false teaching. . Rather it is only as the Catholics that Christians believe in Science and that God must be it creator.

But God is even greater to teach us things more than what Science is able to do itself. . That is what makes God to be God. For he is greater than science himself. Science itself just as God created things for the purpose of man kind. Even though the bible has given us instructions how we are to live according to his purpose. We are considered his greatest creation outside and among Angels. . Because if Christianity is pushed out of the way then also the Church is removed. And if the Church is removed out of history then science began all on its own and making this pretty much an atheist view point on world views of creation. . For God who was never able to express his thoughts is just as good as saying there is no God at all. . . The Lord chose man to help take care of the Earth and by doing so God handed to us sound and sure instructions to carry those purposes out. . For if parents love their children they will teach that child where to go. In likewise as children of God he will teach us how to live and where we should go. .

Psalms 32:8
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.

Sim

Registered Member
My religion teaches that science and religion must never contradict each other, but complement each other. In our holy scripture, it is written that any religious belief that contradicts science is "mere superstition", and that such beliefs will lead away from the light down in the darkness of fanatism and bigotry.

But likewise, science without religion will lead down to empty materialism. That's just as bad.

So, whenever you think your religious belief contradicts science, you have it wrong, your interpretation of religion is wrong, and you need to find a different interpretation that is in accordance with science.

For example, when it comes to the creation of earth, Baha'u'llah warns of taking old scriptures literally. He confirms Adam was the first man. But the next sentence, He explains there were divine prophets even before Adam. Baha'i usually interpret that meaning that Adam was a symbolical figure, the person the moment man crossed the line between animal and human during evolution.

Ignoring science is even blasphemy, IMO. God gave us reason to help us understand the world, and when we reject reason by rejecting science, we ignore God's wish to guide us.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The thread “What was the real relation between science and the Church?” was opened when I was typing up my answer. So if I can please still put my answer here it is.. So the beginning of my answer is answering Mikiel..

I thought it was great you were able to prove that science can lead us back to God. . But are you saying you don't believe Christianity? Well of course that would be not acknowledging how these churches were being about to those who studied and practice Science because you can’t bring in the Church aspect without including Early American Christians. Let's remember that Catholics had issues against Christians as much as Galileo the astronomer. In fact many Christians were tortured under Roman like rulers and including Herod the great, and Nero. Should it be surprising the catholic Church would also be against this astronomer that could agree in a Christian like view of how the universe was created?. .
A couple of things I wanted to comment on: 1) You separate Catholics and Christians here which is incorrect. All Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholics. You speak of them independently, which is incorrect. 2) You speak about the Catholic Church and their disagreement with Galileo then turn back to the torture early Christians underwent under Herod and Nero. That torture, and martyrdom really, occurred centuries before the Church's disagreement with Galileo. You bring up that early torture then ask should it be surprising the Church would disagree with Galileo...one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Therefore Catholics and Christians are separate on the issues how God relates to science in any way form or fashion. . The Catholic Church has changed the book of Revelation to clear their name of being innocent and instead Judea as the criminal instead of Rome. It was easy for them to put all the blame on Nero. For this is why we teach in different Churched with different theology and doctrines.

This is a non sequiter. You can't draw a conclusion that Catholics and other Christians are separate on issues of science based on what you said above, and they aren't separate anyway. I don't mean this as a slight towards anyone, but I have found more Evangelical Christians buying into the age of the Earth being only 6000 years old than I have found Catholics to believe it, although to be fair I have found in from every denomination. I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to changing the Book of Revelation. The Catholic Church wasn't ever mentioned in the Book of Revelation, most ALL early Christians were followers of the Apostolic Succession of St. Peter until Martin Luther, hundreds of years later. Easy to put all the blame on Nero? Blame him for what? Actually torturing and killing people? Like St. Peter himself on an upside down cross?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My religion teaches that science and religion must never contradict each other, but complement each other. In our holy scripture, it is written that any religious belief that contradicts science is "mere superstition", and that such beliefs will lead away from the light down in the darkness of fanatism and bigotry.

But likewise, science without religion will lead down to empty materialism. That's just as bad.

So, whenever you think your religious belief contradicts science, you have it wrong, your interpretation of religion is wrong, and you need to find a different interpretation that is in accordance with science.

For example, when it comes to the creation of earth, Baha'u'llah warns of taking old scriptures literally. He confirms Adam was the first man. But the next sentence, He explains there were divine prophets even before Adam. Baha'i usually interpret that meaning that Adam was a symbolical figure, the person the moment man crossed the line between animal and human during evolution.

Ignoring science is even blasphemy, IMO. God gave us reason to help us understand the world, and when we reject reason by rejecting science, we ignore God's wish to guide us.
I know this is a little out there for most people but I have to wonder if Adam was literally created which would make him the first of his kind, modern man. He's a mix of early humans that were already here and who created him.

Mickiel

Registered Member
The bible is more of a spiritual book than anythingelse; science is more physical and the two can clash; but in my view, both exist to help each other, but it just has not gone that way. The bible is knowledge, so is science; just differing types of knowledge; but both can lead to a search for knowledge;

So eventually they will lead to each other; I think.