• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

9 year old, screaming at his mom for choco milk on Xbox Live

Wrecked

Registered Member
If he's playing a clanmatch, where's the other team? Why isn't he getting killed if he's just standing there the whole time?
in some games, when you're talking the other team can hear you if you're close enough. the other team probably heard the kid and started laughing their ass off [ that's what i would have done. ]

if they're a serious clan they record their matches to see what they did wrong so they can approve upon them. hell i even knew a DoD clan that recorded their ventrillo sessions when they had match time to see how much extra talking was going on.

If I'm not mistaken, I actually heard this kid mention the word "why?" several times and struggling to put things together in an attempt to logically understand stuff
some kids repeat the word "why" serveral times to be annoying, this is one of those cases. it's not cause he doesn't understand, he's trying to be a smart ass/annoying.

A: " i'm going to the store "
B: " why? "
A: " cause i need to buy some food "
A: " cause i'm hungry and there's nothing to eat "
A: " because you're a lazy ass and didn't make or buy food by the time i got home! "
A: " CAUSE I HATE YOUR FUCKING GUTS! "

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Wrecked said:
in some games, when you're talking the other team can hear you if you're close enough. the other team probably heard the kid and started laughing their ass off
...or they would have taken the opportunity to get an easy kill when he's distracted.

Honestly, it wasn't THAT incredibly funny IMO to completely forget about the game at hand. There's simply not enough opposition from the person at home to make it intrusive to the game and therefore funny. I don't know what it's like to play those games, but it probably would have blended right into the talk he has with the team regularly.

some kids repeat the word "why" serveral times to be annoying, this is one of those cases. it's not cause he doesn't understand, he's trying to be a smart ass/annoying.
I don't think that's a clear conclusion in this case. It may be, but it's not clear because we really can't tell what's going on on the other person's end. The kid certainly didn't start out as assoholic as he ended up. He was pushed into it. The only question is... well.... "why" and also "how easily" (in other words "what was already there to begin with" )

yooperchick

Registered Member
I used to do that all the time to annoy everyone. Why...why....why....

I think that is what the kid is doing here. Being annoying and being a little brat.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I wish people would stop placing so much emphasis on how people sound or how they appear and start giving a crap about what people DO because that's what actually affects people. When kids are judgemental and judge people by appearances and complain about other people "being annoying" and crap, it's somewhat understandable because they're not mature yet and don't know how to think about or rationally talk about what bothers them, but when grown people do it, there's absolutely no excuse for it whatsoever, and to continue to do this even at an adult age demonstrates a severe lack of effort and competence. No kids that you raise this way will ever grow up do be better, because they'll have MISSED all the opportunities that you had to reach out to them and teach them in the best possible way. Make no mistake about it. Bad kids never come from good parents. Bad kids come from BAD parents, one way or another. That's usually how they learn to be bad or get away with being bad in the first place. So if you're finding it hard to teach your kid good and you continue to witness bad behavior from them, then instead of distancing yourself from the picture and trying to dump the blame entirely on them, maybe you should consider the possibility that you're just not being good enough. That's what I got to say about this sh!t.

*drops the mic*

EDIT:

*picks it up again*

I also find it interesting that the one thing that people noticed most about this conversation was the kid's demand for chocolate milk in the video when that's not even what the whole conflict was about. Says something.

EDIT2:

Also, upon further review (on the loudest possible volume so I could actually hear the mom), I've found that the reason he was saying "Why?" over and over again was NOT because he was trying to be annoying, but because his mom was using the countdown method to getting him to do what she wanted, which is clearly a fucked up way to go on her part and does not indicate any real effort on her part. So basically, it doesn't matter how you THINK kids usually use that word. What matters is that it wasn't used that way in this case. And if you don't believe me, turn it up.

What it all comes down to is this:

The parents are retarded.

Therefore,

The kid is retarded.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Funny...while you were editing your last post, I was listening to the video again loud too so I could try to hear everything.

I won't argue that Bad Parents = Bad Kids. I think there is definitely a power struggle going on in this household, and this kid may have had some issues with being spoiled (I think Buckeye menioned that too). Does it mean that it is all his fault? No it doesn't.

It is not easy being a parent. EVERYTHING you do is being watched and taken in by your kids. Often, your bad habits rub off on them. I am sure that kid learned some of his behavior from his mom (and possibly dad), but he's 9. He has a strong influence from peers as well at that age. As far as parents go in this world, I do not think there are any truly "good" parents. No one is perfect, but for the sake of our kids, it's wise to be the best parents we can be.

You wondered why I didn't like my son saying "dangit." Well, it is a reflection on me as a parent. I would hope that my son will end up being able to express his feelings better than saying one word when he is upset. Saying one word doesn't add to the resolution of the problem that he is upset about in the first place.

This debate can go on and on, because really it is based on the age old debate of Nature vs. Nurture. How much of our personality and behavior are we born with, and how much is learned from our surroundings?

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Also forgot to mention that the beginning of the video looked edited. Either that, or the game was horribly fragmented, but I don't think so.

EDIT:

Also, from the description next to the video:

There's lots of ways to describe this video, Strange, Scary, "WTF?!!" This video is about some 9-year-old arguing with his mother about Chocolate Milk while playing Xbox Live, and forgetting to turn his Headset off.
very misleading

And the chocolate milk part comes after the mom pulls out the "because I said so" reasoning, which is ANOTHER big mistake that ads onto the ones she's already making.

It's actually not to difficult to imagine a situation like this coming about. In fact it probabaly happens a lot more often than you'd think, it just doesn't get recorded. It seems like it happened over a simple misunderstanding about how long the kid could play, how loud he could play it, and what others in the house wanted him to do. In fact, the very first thing that this kid demonstrates in the video as soon as the argument comes up is a loyalty to his friends in the clan match. He assumes that he can't go away and leave the game, which to me means that there IS some good intent there. If the parent doesn't pick up on that and work with it to get him around the bad behavior, then there's the mistake right there.

yooperchick

Registered Member
In ways, it did look edited. But after thinking that the first Christmas light house was stop motion, and it ended up not being, I guess it is just too hard to tell for sure with movies on the internet.

In fact, the whole thing could be fake and the audio could be from some independant film. We just never know, and we just have a good time discussing it regardless and it has promoted thinking about things...which is always good.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Wrecked said:
in some games, when you're talking the other team can hear you if you're close enough. the other team probably heard the kid and started laughing their ass off [ that's what i would have done. ]
Yeah I know, but that was obviously one of his teammates that was recording it. The kid was lying to his mom. That wasn't a clanmatch. Never once saw the other team. I'm guessing they were just messing around or practicing or something, cause they were shooting eachother at the beginnning, and none of them were dying. It almost sounds like he's using a voice mask too. It could be some 25 year old guy trying to make a funny video.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
It almost sounds like he's using a voice mask too. It could be some 25 year old guy trying to make a funny video.
voice mask isn't that good. it's very obvious when someone's using it.

and if you're in a clan match [ which he probably wasn't in, probably was a scrim or just running routes ] and you heard a little boy yelling at his mom, you would stop and listen cause if you killed him you wouldn't be able to hear him anymore. and if you did kill him everyone would get on your case saying "why the eff did you kill him! i was listening to that!"

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Parents shouldn't have to explain their every move and decision to their kids. The kid needs to know that if he or she doesn't obey, then they will face whatever consequences apply. If the kid's mom says to turn off the XBOX, and he didn't do it, she shouldn't have to sit down with him and explain why he has to turn it off. He has to turn it off simply because he was just told to by his mom, who is his legal guardian. Certainly kids shouldn't be expected to obey blindly if their parent(s) say to walk off a cliff (general statement), but when it comes to matters like this, I see no reason for his mother to have to sit down and explain why she wants him to turn it down, turn it off, or why she's not jumping at his screaming and cursing for her to bring him chocolate milk.