• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

9 year old, screaming at his mom for choco milk on Xbox Live

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If a kid acts like that, and calls his mom a MOFO, B****, etc, the obvious red flag here is that this kid should not be playing shooters, let alone shooters on XBOX LIVE. If he gets this worked up over not getting chocolate milk (what an absolute baby btw), then what's he going to do when someone locks him in his locker at school?

yooperchick

Registered Member
If he gets locked in his locker, he is gonna shoot the kid with his imaginary gun and shout obscenities at him hehehe.

I know my son saying "dangit" isn't that bad, but I fear he's gonna go to preschool one day (he's only 4) and get mad and shout it out. Guess who is gonna get a call from the teacher about that one??

Oh, I will be teaching my son "ship" instead of the swear word. That's gotten me out of a few binds. That will be when he is way older, though.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
madgamer said:
I know my son saying "dangit" isn't that bad, but I fear he's gonna go to preschool one day (he's only 4) and get mad and shout it out. Guess who is gonna get a call from the teacher about that one??
STILL not bad.

Oh, I will be teaching my son "ship" instead of the swear word. That's gotten me out of a few binds. That will be when he is way older, though.
Blah.... ship sucks. I can't remember what I used when I was younger, but I know it was something simple. Oh yeah "shoot", thats right. Or "sheezus", but that was more a sub for "jesus".

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Whether your kid knows bad words or not, it doesn't really matter cause he'll learn them eventually. Just make sure he knows they're bad and that he's not allowed to use them. "Dangit" is not bad at all, and you should in fact probably encourage him to say that when he's frustrated instead of letting him scream or learn a new, worse word.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Well, when he says "dangit" he is screaming it. At first it was funny, but then I decided to try to get him to calm down. Most of the time it's just cause he can't get somewhere in a game. I know he could be saying worse things, but I wish it would be more like "shoot" or "shucks". Yeah, I know the second one is a long shot. You don't hear that word much anymore.

I do not want him to be that kid in the video in 5 years *shudders*

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I've seen that video. That guy is a spoiled brat who deserves to be thrown in the closet and forced to live off only his shoes for a month. That'll teach him. Though, the funny thing is he never realized that he hadn't turned the mike off OR that somebody was recording it.

Also, dangit isn't a bad word. It replaces one. And that's a good thing, not bad. Trust me, it's pretty much impossible for any kids to never say something resembling a profanity. Actually saying one, that can be prevented. Plus, saying ship in a way of replacing the other word has the same exact meaning as dangit replacing the other word. You should really be worried about both equally, and that amount shouldn't be much.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
madgamer said:
but I wish it would be more like "shoot" or "shucks". Yeah, I know the second one is a long shot. You don't hear that word much anymore.

I do not want him to be that kid in the video in 5 years *shudders*
But then again, you don't want him to be that kid in the video from 50 years ago either. :-/

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Ok, now I've actually watched the video, and I must say that it's not half as bad as it seems.

For the longest time no one even mentioned chocolate milk, and by the time they did, the kid had gotten to a point in the game where he was just sitting there looking at some other character and there was some weird screen effects like he was just fooling around or something and not dying in the game, which makes me think that the tape could be a fake because in real gameplay he's likely to die at some point during that destraction. It's certainly looks like something funny was going on there at the least. I'm not sure if the characters in the game have their mouths programmed to move according to the actual players voice, but this one was. In any case, something wasn't right about it. There's something fishy going on with the video.

Secondly, in the beginning, it seemed there were other issues going on, and the kid actually appeared to have an honest concern about a combination of past problems and a misunderstanding between the arrangements of his game playing. It seemed as though there was poor planning involved as far as when he could play the game, how loud he could play it, at what time he had to stop playing it for the other people around, and generally I'd say that his frustration came from the untimely intrusion of those factors. He wasn't acting crappy from the start. He was provoked into it and his anger grew from there. Of course, this isn't to say that he wasn't a brat from the start, only that if he is, it was impossible to tell because it was mixed in with real problems that we can't clearly track the progression of. In any case, the person arguing with him from the other room wasn't clearly audible. One can imagine that if she really cared, she would have come in and got over his shoulder (allowing us to clearly hear her) rather than taking the more questionalbe and lazy way out by yelling her argument across a room and expecting a preoccupied person already overwhelmed with noise to actually hear her and take her seriously.

So yeah, that's my analysis. I don't think this is a clear cut case of child misbehavior. There's too many questionable things in the story. And by the time we can actually single out the child as the source of his own problems, the video becomes really really fishy and looks like a fake.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
What are you talking about? If the video is real, this kid has no excuse for acting the way he did, whether he was provoked into it or not. Obviously his mom is an idiot for allowing this kind of behavior, but the kid needs to be able to control his emotions better than that.

I agree with you though, there's something fishy about this video. If he's playing a clanmatch, where's the other team? Why isn't he getting killed if he's just standing there the whole time? Why did he stop playing when he's probably still in front of the TV with his headset on? What are the odds of something like this happening AND having one of his teammates recording the whole thing?

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
What are you talking about? If the video is real, this kid has no excuse for acting the way he did, whether he was provoked into it or not. Obviously his mom is an idiot for allowing this kind of behavior, but the kid needs to be able to control his emotions better than that.
Blah.... I've been around a lot of kids in my time and have seen much worse that that. The kid was obviously caught up in the game, and the conflict at home aggitated him more. Plus it wasn't clear what was happening on the parent's end, only that they didn't care enough to come up to him and make their concerns clearly audible, so in my mind, they share a good deal of the blame. Had they been obviously trying harder to reach out to and help the kid, then it would have been easier to dump the blame on the kid, but when people don't take easy opportunities that they have to do their part and make things perfect on their end, then they at least raise suspicions if not take on part of the blame. And as I've said before... I'VE SEEN MUCH WORSE.

If I'm not mistaken, I actually heard this kid mention the word "why?" several times and struggling to put things together in an attempt to logically understand stuff, so he's not totally beyond reason. And as long as that the case, there is at least a small glimmer of hope or something positive that could have been done. The kid didn't totally shut down at all (until the chocolate milk part).