9/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Can't believe it's already been nine years since the Twin Towers went down. I still remember where and what I was doing when I heard a plane hit into one of the buildings.

God bless all those struck by the tragedy, whether they passed away or lost a loved one.

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

That's what I was thinking while watching the news today. It's like it happened just yesterday. The next year will be 10 years.
    Time goes by so fast. I feel sorry for the losses of those families.

3. Ilus_Unistus

Ilus_Unistus Registered Member

I remember 9/11/01, I was only but 8 years old. I remember waking on the morning of 9/12/01 and my mother saying to me I should come to see what has happened during the night. My older sister was sitting in front of the television in awe, my father said this would be a date in history not soon forgotten. My mother was explaining to me how so many people had died in these attacks, people who did nothing but to go to work. She cried, which made me cry as I started to understand the seriousness of this and all the families who's mother or father would not come home ever again.

I think for me it was a day of realization. I realized on that day as an 8 year old how precious life is and how fast it can be taken no matter if you were Estonian or American. I realized there was more than just my home or Estonia, there was an entire world out there beyond my home. I realized how I would feel if it were my mother or father not coming home ever again from simply going to work.

Even today as I see the news and some of the people who survived the attacks of 9/11, it makes me sad for everyone who was lost in such a horrible senseless attack... I am not a religious person but I do wish those who lost family, loved ones or parents on 9/11 my sympathy and to know, I remember.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I was in high school and I remember walking out of my computer class and hearing kids saying a jet hit a building in New York. I walked into the lobby and saw about six dozen students silent, watching the TV overlooking the lobby showing the live newscast of the towers on fire. There were even several teachers just standing in silence. It was like that for the next hour or so as everyone watched. It was a bit surreal to say the least.

5. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

My prayers go out to the victims and the victims families. Never forgotten.

I remember 9/11 as if it was yesterday. I was fairly young and I was in History class at school. My teacher told us that there was an accident in New York that one of the Trade Towers was hit by plane. My initial reaction, was that this was no accident. My teacher turned the TV on and we all watched that building burning up, with nothing but speculation during that moment. The bell rang and I went to my English class and while walking towards the classroom, all I hear is gasp and screaming. I ran in to the nearest classroom and saw that another airplane struck the other tower. I was in disbelief. For the first time in my life I was scared about the future of America. What was also scary, about 10 minutes after the second plane hit, they sent all students home. I had no idea what was going on at the time. For the first time in my life I was scared. I was glued to the TV all day just to figure out what went on. It was a very sad, and long day...a day I will never forget.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Funny Cons, I was walking in my computer class when I heard about 9/11.

I'm currently watching a lot of stories about the incident today on National Graphic. I like to learn about this stuff, I know all of it might not be true, but I still find it very facinating.

7. Hissa

Hissa Registered Member

I really feel sad whenever I remember this tragedy...
    I was at home & I still remember that horrible scene I saw on TV when the Twin Towers went down...
    It was an unforgettable day....

8. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I can't believe its been 9 years since the 9/11 attacks. Time flies. I was in the 8th grade and I had just walked through the doors of the school when a group of people were talking about how a plane had crashed into one of the Towers. Our school kept the TV on for the whole day to see the news coverage and how the rescue efforts were going. Its definitely one of those things where you can't forget what you were doing or where you were when it happened.

9. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Time flies by when we're distracted by the world events that it takes a year to remember something that shook us all and lead to a series of different chain reactions that put the world where it's at. To the souls that were lost, may they find their rest to whatever land they go to. To the soldiers and my fellow Marines still battling for the protection of your country, I say SEMPER FI brothers and sisters.

~Shwa

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I remember when it happened, it was afternoon here in Paris. I got emails about the tower being struck by plane and I thought it was one of those urban legends emails that people just naturally send because they haven't discovered snopes.com yet.

Then another email came and I got curious so I switched on the telly and saw the thing live. I just kept on staring with disbelief for the year before that, I was just up in those towers. I also have two very close friends who work and live near that and I tried calling them but the lines were saturated.

Now though during Sept 11 anniversary, I remember less the tragedy but think about the awful war that followed in its name, the increased islamophobia, and all the dirty politics (then and now as people continue to exploit the event).

On the other hand, I also wonder what if it happened now...facebook, twitter, and internet mobile phones would go nuts with the chat.