• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

9/11

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok I have decided to start this thread, I want to know what where your thoughts when you first seen the attacks or when you first heard about them? I was really really shocked when i've seen them. I did not believe it, first thing that came in my mind WW3 I dont know why but it just popped in my head. I think it's one of the worst things that ever happened to this world, if they wanted to prove a point they sure did it the proper way. What do you guys think?

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
Have you seen how these terrorists work. That was minor to them. It was just another thing. We have never been through something like this. How many times have we fought an enemy that wasn't afraid to blow themselves up to take out a few more of us?

Never

As far as my thoughts on this, well, I can't say I enjoyed it. Who can? This was horrible and it made us stand together. I wish it would have done more that unite us, but we still have assholes out there that think they can get away with shit. It's amazing isn't it? That it takes a plane flying into a building and kill hundreds of people to get Americans to unite against someone.

It didn't really hit me hard enough to where I knew or understood what was going on. I don't know why, but I was just like wow. I didn't know what had happened.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
I was on my way to second period when I heard about. My friend told me a plane hit the WTC. I didn't believe him and I remember saying that couldn't happen. I walked into class and sure enough, it was real. We spent the entire day in school watching the news. It was horrifying.

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
I was one of the most scared people when I saw it cause some of my family leaves in NY. Alot more lives could have been saved also if you ask me. How could the security in the airports not find guns or such on the terroist anyway is what puzzles me. It was said that the president knew about this before it happened and that just ticks me off. The one thing that shook me most of all was listening to the calls and watching as people jumped 30 stories up only to meet the concrete below and just dying upon impact. The people that were trapped underground, all that smoke, to put it plain and simple it was one of the worst nightmares that has came to life ever with all those lives taken away. But look at the after effects and all of the job cuts. America's been going downhill because of it too.*sighs*

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah it was horrifying,  I didnt believe it at first.  I was extremly shocked.  I agree tese terrosist sees this as an act of god.   They think God will reward them if they do this deed.  Which I wont go into that subject.  But you all in the middle east suicide bombers, they go in public place and just blow themselves up.  It's a shame. Yeah those people jumping off the building, I say this now but I would probably do the same thing if that was the only way to get out of the building. Also what would you guys do if you where in the plane, and tell me the truth no BS please.

merob

Boom!
I was in class. We heard a crash and people screamed. NO one thought it was anything serious. Then a teacher ran into my classroom and told everyone a plane hit the world trade. Everyone went to watch, and shortly after another plane hit. It was scary because everyone assumed it was an accident at first... and then the second plane made contact, no one knew what was going to happen. On the way home nearly every major street was crowded w/ frightened people trying to get as far away from manhattan as possible. Other blocks were clear, no parked cars, no one outside.
A very eerie day for everyone.

S

SOAD2k8

I was sitting in 6th grade english class and the principle came on the loudspeaker and told all the teachers to put their TVs onto channel 16, but it was on every station, anyway. Deffinentally a shock to the system.

merob

Boom!
That sounds really irresponsible. Did the kids see the replays of the World Trade Center colapse, or did you guys just get the news reports?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw everything on replay I didn't see anything of the WTC collapsing live, which I wish I did. Umm I think that people who lived in NYC must of been scared so much, like you said you think it was an accident, but you wouldn;t think that would ever happen. But then you see the second one crash then you say to yourself wow, this is no accident this is for real.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
I was getting ready for school when the second plane crashed into the World Trade Centers. I actually watched it happen live, and then when we got to school thats all we did. Every classroom had a T.V. tuned to a news station and we watched the coverage. I saw the whole thing unfold live. It was a really eerie day, it was so quiet in the halls. You had the feeling that everyone was just shocked at what was going on.

So yeah, I saw both buildings collapse live, as well as the second plane crashing into the World Trade Center. It was so sad, but I'm glad I got to see it.