• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

9/11 Victims Bill

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
As expected, President Obama vetoed a bill Friday that would give families of victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks the ability to sue Saudi Arabia, setting up the potential for the first congressional veto override of Mr. Obama’s presidency.
Obama vetoes 9-11 victims’ bill as lawmakers press for override

I'm not sure what I think about this. On one hand if Saudi Arabia did have a hand in the terrorist attacks victims and their families should be allowed to sue but on the other we could be opening ourselves up to lawsuits in the future.

Thoughts?

Impaired

Registered Member
It will open US citizens up to the same kind of thing from foreigners. I'm dead against it, as much as I loathe the Saudi royal family. There's a reason 75% of the 9-11 attackers were from there. The funding was from there. They are not our allies. They are the enemy.

That said, suing them is not the answer.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would like to see them get sued because I bet some of the royal family did finance 9/11 and don't think they should get away with it. However it will most likely get the US sued over deaths or injuries we caused in other countries. I still don't know, we could be opening up a can of worms.

Impaired

Registered Member
It is odd, since I heard so many of those who voted yes bad talk the bill. This loopy government of ours ought to be run by deaf and blind chimpanzees. It couldn't be worse that what we have now.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It is odd, since I heard so many of those who voted yes bad talk the bill. This loopy government of ours ought to be run by deaf and blind chimpanzees. It couldn't be worse that what we have now.
I'm sure some politicians are doing their best, actually care, but many are only looking out for themselves. At least it seems like that to me.