• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 9/11 movie

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've read in the paper that Oliver Stone is making a 9/11 movie(not documentry) it will be like what the people in the airplane felt like. I think this movie will be very interesting. I also think they have to be careful on what they do for this movie, because it affected a lot of people in this world. What do you guys think?

SuiGeneris

blue 3
A lot of people are really mad about this film. Apparently a lot of the family membesr of the victims feel that it will become too Hollywood, and it will butcher what happened at 9-11 and make it seem like just a movie.

I can see their point, but I agree that this movie could be really educational, and interesting. We'll just see how many hate crimes happen again, after the movie.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hated what happened on september 11th but I really want them to make this movie. I know it was a big disaster to all americans but I'd love to see a movie about it. It's part of history so I don't see what the big problem is?

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
I think the biggest problem with why people feel that way, is because they are ruining the memory of those that died. It's not exactly right to make this movie and show us what happened to those that died on the plane. Alot of people are angry. It's not like that ever stopped hollywood before anyway...so it's going to come out.

Seeing as I was in NY at the time, and my father went down the the rubble and brought back pictures and some pieces of history from it...it is a big part of my life. It hit all of us harder than most around the world. I have photo's and a piece of the marble stone...I also have a check from the World 1 Bank. It's going to be very historic and it will be worth alot, but that's not why we got it. It's the memory of never forgetting what happened that day. Everyone remembers what they were doing when those planes struck. That's just how memorable it is.

Never forget...

S

SOAD2k8

Sephiroth_Masamune said:
I think the biggest problem with why people feel that way, is because they are ruining the memory of those that died. It's not exactly right to make this movie and show us what happened to those that died on the plane. Alot of people are angry. It's not like that ever stopped hollywood before anyway...so it's going to come out.

Seeing as I was in NY at the time, and my father went down the the rubble and brought back pictures and some pieces of history from it...it is a big part of my life. It hit all of us harder than most around the world. I have photo's and a piece of the marble stone...I also have a check from the World 1 Bank. It's going to be very historic and it will be worth alot, but that's not why we got it. It's the memory of never forgetting what happened that day. Everyone remembers what they were doing when those planes struck. That's just how memorable it is.

Never forget...
x2, extremley well said.

Maybe several years down the road this film would be okay to do, but right now it's way too early. I think that it will come off as the man just trying to profit off of one of the worst attacks on American soil, which is sick and asinine.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
I knew it would happen eventually, but they should have waited a little longer. All things like this get turned into movies. If Oliver Stone is doing it, then I feel pretty confident it will be alright, but they still should wait about 10 more years.

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
The ACTUAL 9/11 movie came out soon after, and it was horrible to watch. As you hear bodies falling from the twin towers and landing on the roof as someone tapes them falling.

If that can go out there soon after the attacks, then I don't really see why this can't. The again, maybe inside the actual plane is going a bit too far. Would YOU want to see the reaction of your loved one before they died, and they KNEW they were going to die.

merob

Boom!
Sephy said:
I knew it would happen eventually, but they should have waited a little longer. All things like this get turned into movies. If Oliver Stone is doing it, then I feel pretty confident it will be alright, but they still should wait about 10 more years.
I agree it's way too soon. I could understand if people forgot about 9/11, but the event bearly occured with in several years. That shit is going to flunk in the box office, I dont know why HOllywood wasted their time on this.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think it will be a bust at the box office cause people are gonna be intrigued about it. It might be too soon but iif you don't agree with Oliver Stone make the movie just don't go see. No one is forcing you to go. Some people like me wanna know how it really happen and I am sure Oliver will gather a lot of information we didn't hear about.

B

briscogdp

yeah right this whole movies will prolly just blame bush somehow