9/11 inside job

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by MenInTights, Nov 26, 2007.

1. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I saw a poll this weekend that says 35% of Americans think it is very likely or somewhat likely that the Bush administration was somehow in on the trade center attacks. That is a stunning number. I know there are all sorts of movies and websites, but I had no idea people actually believed it.

You know, with that %, there are some people here that believe it. I'm not going to argue with anyone with that belief or I'm not going to belittle anyone, I would just like to understand your reasoning.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's easier for people to point fingers when they don't agree with the current administration in general. Of course they'd like to find one HUGE reason to be against the Bush administration. It's easy to say it was an excuse to go into Iraq and get their oil. Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night. ;)

Based on the number of Al-Qaida people that have been taken alive that have admitted that they were involved, I highly doubt they were all forced to say that. Even the ones who are NOT captured yet are all saying that they did it and they they will do it again if they can.

It's the people who are disgruntled with the government in general who are quick to suspect fowl play.

3. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

There was a lot of stuff with Bill Clinton. I mean people died left and right around the guy, we started a war right in the middle of the impeachment, there were the questionable pardons. I never thought that stuff was an "inside job", but I can see how others would. The Bush thing to me is completely different, but maybe that's because I agree with Bush on some things. Unlike Clinton, I can't see a legitimate reason the think Bush is shady.

I just have a hard time seeing how you make the leap with Bush. Clinton, not so much. It's puzzling.

4. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

There are a lot of people who don't like Bush. Rarely, however, do I get a legitimate reason from someone. Yes, most people will just use the War in Iraq as their reason, but when I talk to them more deeply about the situation, I quickly learn that they don't pay attention to what is really going on. They listen to politicians and think they know what is truth.

Don't get your news from the politicians. Try actually paying attention to the news that has actual facts.

That's also probably why so many people are so set against the Bush administration. They will agree with anything bad that is even rumored about it.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's funny to hear people come up with reasons to say 9/11 was an inside operation, or anything anti-government really, yet they don't watch any news, read any newspapers, etc.

The most news some people get is by watching the satire news on Comedy Central.

6. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

It seems that everyone blames the Bush administration for everything. My friends and I were at a restaurant and these people blame Bush for causing hurricane Katrina. So they are saying that Bush presses a button to cause hurricanes whenever he feels like it?

I hadn't heard about Bush in the news recently. I guess he must be doing something right.