• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 83rd Academy Awards Nominations

Which film would you like to see take home Best Picture?

• 127 Hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Swan

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • The Fighter

• Inception

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • The Kids Are All Right

• The King's Speech

• The Social Network

• Toy Story 3

• True Grit

• Winter's Bone

• Total voters

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
So the 83rd Academy Awards are coming up and the nominations have just been released. I thought we could have a poll and see who we wish to win best picture if it's just GF members voting.

You can see all the other nominations on this site: IMDb | Road to the Oscars 2011 | Academy Awards

I'm pretty happy with a lot of them, Toy Story 3 was one of my favourite films of the years so I'm glad it got 5 nominations.

What are your thoughts?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Fighter should win a few awards, especially Christian Bale for Best Supporting Actor. Michelle Williams should win best actress for her peformance in Blue Valentine. I'm still on the fence on who should win the Best Picture, there's a lot of great films up for the award this season.

I'm really surprised that 127 Hours got nominated for so many awards. I've only seen the preview and it looks really good. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it because the actual Oscars.

Hopefully we can get some great discussion going on before the Academy Awards, during and after.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hopefully I'll be able to watch it because the actual Oscars.
I'm with you on this, out of the 10 films nominated for best picture I have only seen 5. I honestly don't know how some of that 5 were even nominated at all but so far my vote is with TS3.

The next one I want to see is King's Speech hopefully, that's still showing in cinemas here right now.

I'm sick of The Social Network getting so many awards. Am I the only person who was driven insane by how mediocre that film was? Not to mention how sexist it was?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I have seen 7 of the 10 nominees. Only Winter's Bone, The Fighter, and 127 Hours I haven't seen.

I really hope that The King's Speech wins Best Picture. It is the critical darling of the year and is the trendy pick that isn't The Social Network, which is easily my #4 movie of last year behind The King's Speech, Black Swan and The Kids Are All Right.

I voted The King's Speech...

And Colin Firth will win Best Actor. Hopefully Annette Bening wins Best Actress if not Portman.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I really hope Portman grabs Best Actress. Say what you will about Black Swan, love it or hate it you have to admit that she was freaking amazing in it! It's the way she managed to look about 30, but portray herself as an innocent and scared little girl that really got me. Not too mention the fact that she actually did all that ballet herself. Outstanding!

Bliss

Sally Twit
I haven't seen all of those films so in fairness I shouldn't have voted. However, Inception was absolutely mind-blowing and I watched it three times in the cinema and I have watched it more times than I can remember since it came out on DVD. It is easily in my top three.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I haven't seen all of those films so in fairness I shouldn't have voted.
I don't think that matters. I don't think many people here would have seen all 10 of these films already, but it's still just a poll to try get a general idea of what peoples favourite ones are, whether they have seen them all or not. I think you should be able to vote even if you have only seen one of the films, or all 10. As long as you vote for a film you have seen haha, it would be weird voting for something you haven't watched yet.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I've only seen 3 of the nominees (Inception, The Social Network & Toy Story 3). I voted for Inception, such a great movie. The Social Network wasn't far behind, I thought it was a great film and the opposite of mediocre.

I'm interested in seeing True Grit, Black Swan and The Fighter for sure. The rest I'll have to check out there trailers and go from there.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
What do you all think of them changing 5 Best Picture nominations to 10? It's only been 10 for the last two years. I'm not sure myself, I think I liked it when it was 5, felt more exclusive.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
inception has been my favorite movie this year. I believe it to be above and beyond any of the others in casting, cinematography, score (oh my yes), acting and directing.
What do you all think of them changing 5 Best Picture nominations to 10? It's only been 10 for the last two years. I'm not sure myself, I think I liked it when it was 5, felt more exclusive.
I don't think it changes who the winner will be. I do like that the voters have more of a selection. It also keeps people from bitching about movies that aren't included.