Awesome 83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you like the Bruce Prichard podcast that Conrad Thompson does you HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS ONE TOO.

I am listening to the Bret Hart to WCW one and it is mind boggling. Basically, Eric says Bret Hart's camp made up that he offered him a deal so that WWF would have to offer something huge. I think it was in 1996 or something. Everything Conrad is quoting from Bret's book Eric is saying is false lol...well not everything but so much.

And I still have 2 hours of madness to go! It isn't really putting Bret in great light buttttt if you listen to Hart these days he's got some serious sour grapes lol

No offense, Canada

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you like the Bruce Prichard podcast that Conrad Thompson does you HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS ONE TOO.

I am listening to the Bret Hart to WCW one and it is mind boggling. Basically, Eric says Bret Hart's camp made up that he offered him a deal so that WWF would have to offer something huge. I think it was in 1996 or something. Everything Conrad is quoting from Bret's book Eric is saying is false lol...well not everything but so much.

And I still have 2 hours of madness to go! It isn't really putting Bret in great light buttttt if you listen to Hart these days he's got some serious sour grapes lol

No offense, Canada
I've been reading about this podcast on twitter and wanted to check it out. As you know, I'm a big Bret mark, so not sure if I really do want to listen to it. ;)

Do you have a quick link to share.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Well, to be honest, I'm not surprised a damn bit, considering how much Bret hates Bischoff and vice versa. Personally, I don't know if I'm as interested in Bischoff's podcast that I'm in for Bruce Prichard's podcast. Maybe because Prichard has worked around Vince for so long that I feel like he has more insight on the business than Bischoff, whose major dealings have truly spanned over what, 6 years, 7 tops?

And I'm still kinda sour over Bischoff's comments about Canada during the Olympics so I'll pass.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's tough to know for sure who is right and who isn't but these days I am feeling less and less sorry for Bret Hart with the screwjob based on the shit he says these days and whatever insight Bischoff has...who is no saint don't get me wrong.

Bruce and Conrad even talked about how Hart almost left WWF in 1992 while he was the IC Champion. So eh, I guess I gotta focus more on his in-ring career haha

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Yeah, I heard about that story in 1992. If I read correctly, Bret was supposed to show up at Clash of Champions with the Intercontinental Championship or something but there a mixup or something and it never happened. I need to find the article again where I saw this.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I listened to the one about Bret Hart. He rips him pretty badly. Eric mentions many times that Hart is bitter about a lot of things, but you can also tell that Eric is quite bitter against Hart. I will not defend Hart, he was known as a whiner, he always showed up late for shows, but when I look at his career, I look at the great matches he had over the course of his career. He may not have drawn, but he was one of the best to ever put on a pair of wrestling boots. In addition, he was definitely under utilized in WCW.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, I heard about that story in 1992. If I read correctly, Bret was supposed to show up at Clash of Champions with the Intercontinental Championship or something but there a mixup or something and it never happened. I need to find the article again where I saw this.
What Bruce said is that Bret thought his contract was up and he was free to leave but it automatically rolled over somehow and Bret didn't realize it.

I listened to the one about Bret Hart. He rips him pretty badly. Eric mentions many times that Hart is bitter about a lot of things, but you can also tell that Eric is quite bitter against Hart. I will not defend Hart, he was known as a whiner, he always showed up late for shows, but when I look at his career, I look at the great matches he had over the course of his career. He may not have drawn, but he was one of the best to ever put on a pair of wrestling boots. In addition, he was definitely under utilized in WCW.
Totally agree. Its a hate / hate relationship and nobody can take away what Bret did in the ring.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lots of drama on the recent podcast...the one about the DX Invasion and Bischoff calling out McMahon for a match...and nothing to do with that but instead, more Bret Hart crap.

If you wanna know what happens without me saying so, go to the end of the recent podcast and listen. Conrad reads an interview Bischoff did in 1997 where he says he wished Bret had signed with him. Remember, Eric in the Hart episode said he never offered Bret a contract in 1996 but this interview contradicts that. Furthermore, Dave Meltzer says he has a copy of the actual contract that was offered. Bischoff says if that's true he'll eat his words but will also eat a page or 2 of the contract to admit he was wrong.

God help us all with this mess haha