• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

80s music

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
My favorite era of music. Who here is a fan of the 80s?

Here's a good old classic from the 80s that I listen to occasionally :D

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am a massive 80s music fan. It is definitely my favourite era of music. You have some great hair bands, and Michael Jackson was at his peak during that era. Could listen/sing along too to 80s music all day long. Have many times.

Shooting_Palanx

How good was Michael Jackson? Seriously? Thriller was just awesome, music videos, songs, his dancing and his swagger. Gotta love Beat it, Wanna be startin somethin, billie jean, just epic!

His billie jean performance gives me chill!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Michael Jackson was amazing. However, there is a lot more songs that are not "as known" as the ones that you mentioned that are truly amazing.

-Leave Me Alone
-Blood On the Dance Floor
-Librian Girl
-Who is It
-Give In To Me
-Say Say Say
-In The Closet
-Stranger in Moscow

And the list goes on. To me, the best performer of all-time.

Last edited:

Shooting_Palanx

Michael Jackson was amazing. However, there is a lot more songs that are not "as known" as the ones that you mentioned that are truly amazing.

-Leave Me Alone
-Blood On the Dance Floor
-Librian Girl
-Who is It
-Give In To Me
-Say Say Say
-In The Closet
-Stranger in Moscow

And the list goes on. To me, the best performer of all-time.
She's out of my life
Off the wall
Dont stop till you get enough
Say say say

So many gems! Were you a fan of the rock in the 80s? Can't get any better than bon jovi, whitesnake, foreigner, journey ahhhh

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
She's out of my life
Off the wall
Dont stop till you get enough
Say say say

So many gems! Were you a fan of the rock in the 80s? Can't get any better than bon jovi, whitesnake, foreigner, journey ahhhh
Yes. Loved them all. Saw three of those four bands. Haven’t seen Whitesnake, unfortunately.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Growing up in the 80’s, I was and still am a huge Van Halen, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dokken, KISS, as well as a fan of a lot of other bands. I love the rock of the 80’s. I love Ozzy. Generally though, it was kind of silly. Too many synthesizers, and stuff like that.

God, I hated Bon Jovi. Still do. Worst band ever, in my opinion. They exemplified how bad some of the 80’s music was.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There was a lot of 80's music that I liked. However most artists I didn't like every song they had. I liked most of Michael Jackson's stuff, some of Lionel Richie, Whitney Houston, Billy Idol, U2 plus a host of others. This is mostly what I still listen to.

Shooting_Palanx

Growing up in the 80’s, I was and still am a huge Van Halen, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dokken, KISS, as well as a fan of a lot of other bands. I love the rock of the 80’s. I love Ozzy. Generally though, it was kind of silly. Too many synthesizers, and stuff like that.

God, I hated Bon Jovi. Still do. Worst band ever, in my opinion. They exemplified how bad some of the 80’s music was.
I've always found that correlation between fans of KISS, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest also did not like Bon Jovi lol Any reason why you didn't like bon jovi? Probably it's poppy nature that catered to the masses? haha

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I totally woke up this morning to "Is This Love" by Whitesnake and I feel zero shame about it.

And @Shooting_Palanx , about that Bon Jovi thing, I'm assuming it is a bit similar to those who hate Nickelback with a passion, saying that they're not making real rock music. That's probably the same line of thinking KISS, Judas Priest & Iron Maiden fans have towards Bon Jovi lol