• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

8 Tracks/Cassettes/Records

Dabs

Registered Member
Most of us these days have CDs we listen to, to get our music from~
But does anyone still have some cassette tapes lying around??
What around the big LPs??....aka records....maybe the small 45s??
And I'm betting not many have the 8 tracks left~
I have them all!
I kept all my LP albums......and I still find them at flea markets and antique stores.
I don't find cassette tapes or 8 track tapes that often.....but it just so happens my Mother had kept all of hers.
She has this gorgeous (what they called back when) console stereo..and it has a record player (phonograph)....a cassette tape player.....an 8 track player, as well as AM/FM radio.
And the wonderful things is......every bit of it still works!
Mother and Dad always listened to country tho..and I mean the twangy country ~LoL~...so the 8 tracks and cassettes are those.
But the whole stereo still plays just as good as the day she bought it....which was February 20, 1980....and she bought it for $400....the original receipt was still inside the lid :)
But the stereo is mine now.......a beauty of a piece!
Anyway, anyone listen to anything besides CDs??

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't have any tapes or records. As soon as CD's were available I threw out all my tapes.
I never owned any records but I did used to listen to my mum and dad's. They have so many sat in a big case.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I still have some cassettes and vinyl records, I personally prefer vinyl records over CD's or anything else, I just prefer the sound. Also the great thing about vinyl records is you can find some real good musicians for really cheap, these days most new CD's are really expensive. Vinyl is the way to go in my opinion.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I still have a lot of my old cassettes. I know I'll probably never listen to them again, but I'd hate to throw some of them away. There's so many memories on some of my mix tapes.

I wish I had a good vinyl collection. I'm hoping my parents will give me theirs.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I still have "Jive Bunny and the Master Mixers" on tape. But I don't have a tape player, so I can't listen to it. I refuse to get rid of it though, I absolutely love it and it reminds me of my childhood years (during which I drove my brother insane listening to it at max volume).

I have some or other Boney M record on vinyl. Again, no way of listening to it. But I keep that one for sentimental reasons as well.

I do have some mix tapes that I got from friends and I would love to listen to them again for the lulz. :lol:

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I threw out a lot of my old cassettes because they were all country music haha and I went through a phase where i blatantly denied country to myself. Now I only have two cassette tapes. One is The Police greatest hits, and the other is Five Iron Frenzy - Our Brand New Album

I didn't have a CD player of any sorts until I was in grade 10. So 2003ish.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I have a huge pile of records. I think it's somewhere around 500 records and most of them are > 80's country. They were my grandfather's and I like to listen to some of them still.

I never had many cassettes to begin with and my ~200 cds were lost when I left my wife.

All of my music is digital now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bubbles Video Games 5
sunrise Movies & TV 0
sunrise Music 1
Vidic15 Video Games 11
sunrise Music 2