• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

8 shot dead at synogogue in Pittsburgh

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yes, I do. Because the answer is obvious.

Your side acts like that's a mysterious complex question, when really the answer is crystal clear. After each shooting, some alternative debate issue is trotted out as a distraction from the real reason this is so much worse there, whether that be violent video games or movies, or mental illness, or angry celibate dudes, or arming teachers, or schools needing more exits, or whatever.

Yet NONE of those things address the core question of why it's so much worse in the US than everywhere else. EVERY developed nation has the same violent video games and movies, all have crazy people and bigots, dudes who can't laid, their teachers ain't armed, their schools have no more exits. They're not notably different than the US in those areas.

But they are immensely different in a glaringly obvious area: gun laws. The US allows angry nutjobs to have mass killing machines. They don't. It really is that simple.
You think it’s that simple because you are a simpleton. If laws are the answer, why do we have a drug problem? Why are there so many addicted to meth, heroine, why do we have an opioid crisis? If all we have to do is outlaw stuff?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I go to a church that has cwp holders in and out the premise whenever the church is in service. You have to deal with reality not what you hope things to be. You may hope that no bad guy would get a gun but that's not reality.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I go to a church that has cwp holders in and out the premise whenever the church is in service. You have to deal with reality not what you hope things to be. You may hope that no bad guy would get a gun but that's not reality.
I carry a pistol with me to church. I hate the “some cops had guns and they were killed too, herp derp”. Having a gun doesn’t mean I’m going to stop whoever decides to do harm, but it gives me a punchers chance. That’s the point.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, because a healthy society is one where people feel the need to carry loaded guns to church.

I'm hard pressed to think of anything that would turn me off more at a church service than to see the paranoid buffoon seated next to me packing heat. Thankfully, that does not happen.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Visitors to our church have no idea we have a security team. It's just 2 guys in a car outside and one guy sitting on the back row.
I hope you never have to fly anywhere. Because after 9/11 you are almost guaranteed to be flying with a "paranoid buffoon seated next to me packing heat."
Btw cops love it when you call them that. You should try it. Lol.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yeah, because a healthy society is one where people feel the need to carry loaded guns to church.

I'm hard pressed to think of anything that would turn me off more at a church service than to see the paranoid buffoon seated next to me packing heat. Thankfully, that does not happen.
Because evil gives a fuck what YOU care about what is and what is not a healthy society.

First off it's concealed, dumbass, nobody knows I'm carrying. Secondly, as a man I take my safety and the safety of my family seriously. If shit hits the fan, I'm not going to be running and screaming and pleading for my life like the pussy you are. If I am going to die, I am going to die fighting. I won't be begging for my life like the beta male you are. I hope you are never in that situation, but if you are, the best chance you have is someone willing to fight back, because we all know you won't.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Visitors to our church have no idea we have a security team. It's just 2 guys in a car outside and one guy sitting on the back row.
I hope you never have to fly anywhere. Because after 9/11 you are almost guaranteed to be flying with a "paranoid buffoon seated next to me packing heat."
Btw cops love it when you call them that. You should try it. Lol.
The difference, MIT, is mindset. These idiots are brain washed. They believe government has the solution to all our problems. They rely on the government to care for them, protect them, etc. They trust the government, then whine when someone like Trump takes over the government, and they are too dim to see the fallacy in their thinking. They think "if the government just passed laws" and ignore all the laws that people break regardless. They want guns outlawed, then claim the War on Drugs is a failure. They ignore history, like prohibition. They are indoctrinated into a certain way of thinking, that thinking comes all the way down from being beholden to the crown. They still in many ways see themselves as subjects, rather than free people. They don't want freedom because they want the security of the crown, even after all these years. They are scared, timid souls, they even have an irrational fear of weapons, because it makes them feel less safe. Let OTHER people do that, to protect them. It's pathetic and weak, but they refuse to shake free from those shackles because of the false sense of security it provides.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
See, I have the exact opposite reaction. If I find out the guy next to me is carrying, and I know a couple of guys who do, I feel safer. I feel safer because there is someone next to me willing to die to protect himself, his family, and everyone else in the congregation including me and my family. I know I can rely on someone who will fight with me and not run with the women and children. YOU get turned off because you are a coward. You fear evil, rather than be willing to face evil to protect yourself and others.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
See, I have the exact opposite reaction. If I find out the guy next to me is carrying, and I know a couple of guys who do, I feel safer. I feel safer because there is someone next to me willing to die to protect himself, his family, and everyone else in the congregation including me and my family. I know I can rely on someone who will fight with me and not run with the women and children. YOU get turned off because you are a coward. You fear evil, rather than be willing to face evil to protect yourself and others.
When I think of you sidling up next to me packing heat, “safe” is not exactly the word that warms over me.