• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

'73 dead' after truck crashes into crowd at Bastille Day celebrations in Nice 'terror attack'

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is just horrible but somehow I'm not surprised.

Feel sorry for the victims and their families.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think its official yet but ISIS has claimed responsibility for this.

Warning, Mail Online has some pretty graphic pictures of this. Some very hard to look at, I moved passed them pretty fast. Feel so sorry for those people.

At least 73 feared dead in Nice Bastille Day attack

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yeah, even if you've seen stuff like that happen in real-life, those images are still seriously disturbing. I had to stop looking too.
What's worse, France was still under a state of emergency when it happened and that didn't stop the attack.
Imo, instead of just saying France can't be under a state of emergency forever, the French president needs to address the issues that allowed the attack to happen. People already know it takes a long time to heal after tragic events but a lot of that time needs to be used for prevention.
One example - those roadblocks were enough to detour normal traffic but not a nutjob terrorist. They should have been designed to derail any vehicle, especially after that last terrorist attack. The French president already knew that vehicles were being used to slam into crowds.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I don't think its official yet but ISIS has claimed responsibility for this.

Warning, Mail Online has some pretty graphic pictures of this. Some very hard to look at, I moved passed them pretty fast. Feel so sorry for those people.

At least 73 feared dead in Nice Bastille Day attack
ISIS would claim responsibility for someone farting. They are a joke, they claim responsibility over every little thing that happens whether they knew anything about it or not.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Ugh, so terrible. I don't even know what to say anymore when these things keep happening. I just feel awful for not only the victims and their families, but everybody else who was there and had to experience it. It's a messed up world that we live in. Pretty sure I've been to that exact spot in Nice, too.

:(

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The president of France changed his mind and is extending the state of emergency for 3 more months. Also, all demonstrations are banned in France for 3 days.
Warning, some graphic content included.
At Least 80 Dead in Terror Attack on Nice

EDIT
The truck driver was a 30 yo Tunisian that moved to France and was well-known to the French police. So why did they let him have grenades and guns and why weren't they watching him?
Something's seriously wrong with this story... just saying.
Nice terror attack: Lorry driver who killed 84 including 10 children during Bastille Day rampage was criminal well known to police

Last edited:

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This easily (and kind of surprised it didn't) could have happened during the Euro tournament.

That was the biggest fear of officials.