73' corvette....Price?

kmone

Registered Member
Hey all, another question for you guys!

My dad is lookin at a 1973 corvette. It has a standard 350 small block. 55k miles. 400 tranny. Needs Paint and brakes, inside is in alright shape. It runs, but needs some work to be considerd in "good shape" again.

I cant seem to find anything on the internet for a price guide on that year...Thought maybe some of you experts out there might be able to help me out on this. The gentlemen is asking 5,00$ my dad says he will offer 3500$. Is this reasonable? Or is 5000$ a steal?

Any feedback would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Anything less than 6k is a good deal, but considering it needs paint (which can set you back ALOT) and brakes (not easy to find parts which equals more $), I'd think 3-4k (as in 3500) would be a good price.

Are the engine, frame, and tranny matching numbers? If they are, the price would be a cool 4k.

I personally find that after 1970, GM cars just aren't as good (until they recently made a hard comeback). So, I would personally would just save up for a 2nd gen.... and they look so much cooler. And if he gets an opportunity to buy a 427, DO NOT PASS IT UP. They are triple the price, but that engine is the GREATEST GM ever built (until the recent LS series of course), but well worth the investment. Those cars will do nothing but increase in value, as long as they are restored properly.

anmracing

Registered Member
Soooooo, did he get it?????? Enquiring minds want to know....... :D

Hey all, another question for you guys!

My dad is lookin at a 1973 corvette. It has a standard 350 small block. 55k miles. 400 tranny. Needs Paint and brakes, inside is in alright shape. It runs, but needs some work to be considerd in "good shape" again.

I cant seem to find anything on the internet for a price guide on that year...Thought maybe some of you experts out there might be able to help me out on this. The gentlemen is asking 5,00$ my dad says he will offer 3500$. Is this reasonable? Or is 5000$ a steal?

Any feedback would be appreciated!!

Thanks!