• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NES 72 pin connectors?

yooperchick

Registered Member
I'm pretty sure the NES I have has the original connector inside. I've seen on eBay 72 pin connectors, and they are supposed to stop the blinking screen. My nintendo is now doing that.

One seller gives instructions on how to do it and claims it isn't that hard to do. Anyone replace one of these things? How hard is it really? Does it really work to stop the blinking?

Thanks!

SamusAran86

Registered Member
madgamer said:
I'm pretty sure the NES I have has the original connector inside. I've seen on eBay 72 pin connectors, and they are supposed to stop the blinking screen. My nintendo is now doing that.

One seller gives instructions on how to do it and claims it isn't that hard to do. Anyone replace one of these things? How hard is it really? Does it really work to stop the blinking?

Thanks!
If you do buy one, it is not that hard to do, Ive done 3 myself. The first time you will want to have some instructions with it, but after that, you can pop one in less than 10 minutes.

All you need is a Phillips Screwdriver... thats it. The 72 pinner is on there tight, and requites a little force to get off, and same for putting a new one on.

If you do replace your connector, you should clean ALL your NES games before playing them again, and the connector will be tight for a few months (all depending on how much you use it) but will work flawlessly

yooperchick

Registered Member
Thanks! That was the boost I needed. That, and the fact my Nintendo won't work very good today. I am ordering it right now. I will post my experiences with it as well.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I put in my new connector last night. They said it would take around 15 minutes. Well, it took me longer. I am not that inclined, so to speak. And then, I get it all back together, and the cartridge will not click down. Maybe tongiht I will attempt to fix that problem. But so far, everything seems good. The game I tried was a very good fit and started right up :)