70% of NYers have heard their neighbors having sex

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Doesn't surprise me being in close proximity to others. I remember the squealers at the hotel in NJ. They we're going at it at least weekly. After being in NJ for 3 months I just learned to tune them out. I'm sure New Yorkers are the same.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's pretty funny and leads to great stories. But on the other hand it could be awkward if you see the people that were having the next day or so. "So I see that you had a good time last night."

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
If it happens that often then the kids probably already know why and the parents don't need to explain what the neighbor was doing. It's like as common as hearing the neighbor's tv on.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
The thing I don't understand is why people need to scream while having sex.
I mean there are a lot of reasons to make exclamations but not to the point of screaming.
We all have neighbors. I haven't heard anyone screaming and I find it quite abnormal to hear someone scream while sexing.

Is that what you all do?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The thing I don't understand is why people need to scream while having sex.
I mean there are a lot of reasons to make exclamations but not to the point of screaming.
We all have neighbors. I haven't heard anyone screaming and I find it quite abnormal to hear someone scream while sexing.

Is that what you all do?
There are other sex noises than screaming. Even if you're quiet the "movement" of your bed or wherever you are doing it can make a funny noise. I'm trying to reply without being too descriptive and it makes me laugh. :lol:

Sometimes too, screaming turns people on (sometimes more than moaning). See that's why they sold that robot sex toy that can make noises, haha. And there are times that you just don't plan it but you scream. :rofl:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Well yeah..i understand the bed noise but I don't think people have those kind of broken legs of bed that might make noise even in the slightest movement.
Beds now are well-fixed on the ground...different from what they used to be in the past. I can understand some beds with springs in the past that used to make noise. Is anyone still using them? lol.

Plus, no matter how much you scream ...i don't think you'll do it to the point when your neighbor hears you. I don't think anyone likes to be heard in a sex-scream....
but maybe I'm wrong... lol..

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Umm Elly, without trying to be rude here.

When you have experienced a night of wild passion and remained completely silent throughout the entire thing, I might actually take your posts in this thread seriously, but without having experienced that, you really can't comment how you think people should be able to keep quiet. There are certain urges that cannot be ugh, controlled during the act including screaming and moaning loudly for some people. Also, even modern beds make sound, not so much the squeaking of them but yeah. Like I said, i'm sure you will have a differing opinion after you've actually experienced it.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
:lol: yeah i totally get what you say. That's why I added "maybe i'm wrong"
Because I've always thought "screaming" only happens in the movies, in an exageratted way..but like you say ..i may change my opinion once I try it.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Well I think it's pretty much the best ice breaker out there. "So I'm surprised you can walk today...."

I heard people getting it on while we were in Vegas one time. I really don't mind but my mom was with me, and no matter how old I am, it'll still be awkward.