• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

7 kids removed from home

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
State troopers and Garland County authorities executed a search warrant Jan. 12 at the home of Hal and Michelle Stanley, and their school-age children were taken by ambulance for a medical examination after officers found containers marked “MMS.”

Seven kids removed from Arkansas ‘prepper’ family’s home over use of bogus ‘miracle’ cure
This probably is a bogus miracle cure but I'm wondering if authorities went too far and if its even illegal to have. He wasn't giving this to his kids, he was the only one using it. It sounds like it could be harmful if not used right, they say it can be turned into a potent bleach that if not diluted enough could cause injury. Well how many of us have bleach in our homes? Sure we aren't ingesting it but still its there. I don't know something sounds fishy here.

This got started when the authorities were called by a neighbor because the kids were going outside in the winter barefooted.

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Urm... How does seeing kids outdoors barefoot relate to a search warrant for noxious chemicals? It would seem to me that if there was such a concern stated to police that the appropriate course of action would be, at most, having an officer or social worker drop by the house to discuss these concerns with the parents. As for this drug, as far as I know it's not illegal. I mean, I have bleach in my house, it doesn't mean I am feeding it to anyone. Unless there's a specific reason to think that these kids were actually being fed this chemical, such as oral burns or physical symptoms, there's no reason I can see to disbelieve the fathers story regarding the use of the chemical for water purification. Something doesn't add up here.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last edited: