PlayStation 3 7/1 -9/30: Buy a PS3-Get 5 Blu-Ray Movies for free

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gwiz, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

I just found out from several retailers that from 7/1 -9/30, when you purchase a PS3, you get 5 free Blu-Ray movies for free. This is great if you had any intentions of purchasing a PS3. Personally, this isn't enough for me to buy a PS3 and I have to say Sony doign specisls to boost up sales of their PS3.

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Yeah, that's sure going to save the system.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's a cheesy promotion if you ask me. PS3 is going to need a lot more than free rentals to hold it above water.

On the other hand IF you actually wanted 5 Blu-Ray movies it's not a bad deal at all. Blu-Ray movies are about $20 a piece so that's around $100 in free movies.

4. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

I heard that the price of the PS3 will be $100 off the retail value. $400 for the 20gb and $500 for the 60gb. A better deal than the 5 free blu ray movies but it isn't going to save the system. I really think a better discount would be better just to cut their losses.

5. Doc

Actually, Sony has already announced that there will be no price drop for the PS3.

Remember, they're already losing money just selling the damn thing.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Are you sure Steve? I've heard from many people lately that the PS3 was going to have a price drop soon. Seems like the best way they can compete with the Xbox 360 which is about $200 cheaper for the standard, and $100 cheaper for the Elite.

7. Doc

Here ya go, it's even from Reuters.

I'm not saying it can't change, but it looks like there won't be a price drop for a very long time.

8. shinobi

shinobi New Member

this is true cause people are not buying them

9. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

10. Doc

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Sales even jumped up by crazy amounts after the price raise.

Why would he say that he's not going to lower it, then lower it anyway? Oh well, the 360 price dropped by $50, too.