• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

6 yr old boy suspended for kissing girl

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
First grader, Hunter Yelton, told us he loves science and phys-ed. Also...that he has a crush on a girl at school, who likes him back.
It may sound innocent enough...but at six years old Hunter now has 'sexual harassment' on his school record.

Six year old suspended for 'sexual harassment' | News - Home
Because he kissed this girl he now has this on his school record. I don't think a 6 year old really understands what sexual harassment means. I think once again a school is going overboard. Not saying the school shouldn't of said anything because at school there are boundaries but this is a 6 year old.

What do you think about this?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Stupid, we used to play kiss chase when we were six.

Wasn't there something similar a long time ago? A little lad quoted a line from a song to a girl and it was called 'sexual harassment'?

How about schools go back to teaching kids their ABC's instead of making a mountain out of things little kids do - and have been doing for years. Soon kids will learn that it's not ok to talk to each other, or touch each other ever.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Hey, when I was six, I had no idea what sexual harassment meant. So I agree with you, Hilander, that the school shouldn't be quick to condemn a 6-year-old for doing something he has no idea about.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think that the first incident should have been let go or met with a less severe punishment. A detention or personal discussion on setting appropriate boundaries would be sufficient for him.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It seems like more and more schools are overreacting and making idiotic decisions like this. Are they running scared or what. They are lumping every little thing together instead of judging each situation as it comes and considering the kids age in it all.

Casioking

Registered Member
well the war against boys starts as soon as there born..
No doubt this boy will be forced into going to see a female guidance counselor for the rest of his school life who will drill it into his head how bad it was for him to objectify that girl buy kissing her.. And that he should not grow up to be a evil pig of a man...

And another White Knight will be groomed into the world...

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Looooool his school record ahahaha.

He has like criminal status and it is just a labeled description that says something like, 'Kissed a girl, icky~'.

I'm not even sure if I should laugh or cry but the school record thing is the best part.

-

Kid is going up to be scarred into thinking that being affectionate and romantic towards other people is a bad thing most likely. Good job school system.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't see this as a war against boys but a war against children in general. It seems they let them get by with bullying other kids but this they have a problem with. I think they need to get their priorities straight.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Remember when kissing on the hand used to be considered charming and gentlemanly?

I'm still annoyed that this is still even an issue.