6 year old floats away in homemade balloon

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by AngelsPeak, Oct 15, 2009.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Uhm. Not gonna lie. I'm laughing. I do fear for the boy's life, but again, WTF lol

I guess I just never expected to hear this story.

I really hope they can get him down safely.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

My friend was watching it live, she said they got to the balloon but the boy wasn't inside :/ .........

edit:eek:h yeah, it's an updated article. hope he didn't fall out :(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah, I heard about this while driving home and they said the door was open. So the balloon is now on the group but the boy is no where to be found, hopefully he's alright, because he was about 7,000-8,000 feet high, that's a big fall.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  6. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

The kid looks like me when I was his age. Acted like I would too. Except I would'nt have fallen out. That was interesting, but still sad.

7. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Why's it sad? He didn't fall out, they found him at home. Read my post...

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That's great news, the family must of be worried so much. Great to hear that he's fine.

Now hopefully they don't build another thing like this so it doesn't cause so much trouble for everyone.

9. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Oh I posted BEFORE I saw your post. Sorry bout that. I'm going to leave it as is, and say Its SAD the parents didn't find the boy before calling authorities. they should have looked in ares where he would typically hang out. The parents said hiding their was typical, why didn't they look their. I'll give one to them and say its a simple mistake for an enixperienced parent to make early in childhood. My parents did the same thing when I was his age. Except, I wasn't on national TV.

10. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Interesting caveat this family was on wife swap. Your typical wife swap contrast was they were matched with a overprotective family and their family were not as concerned about safety.